Egnater 1x12 Cab

Khoi

Whoo boy this cab sounds HUGE for a 1x12 cab!

Even at VERY low volumes, you could still feel it thumpin. Hell, I had to turn the Bass to about 10:00 because I thought the people living under me would feel it! (I live in a dorm :LOL: :LOL: )

I've A/Bed it with my other 1x12 cab and there was a significant volume difference, it was pretty amazing. It's hardly any bigger than my Lopoline 1x12, but definitely sounds bigger.

For the price, it's seriously hard to go wrong with this. Highly recommended!

Only thing is I might swap out the Elite 80, just not feelin it too much, it was quite a bit fuzzier and sizzly than the WGS Green Beret I used in my Lopoline.

Hopefully I can record some comparison clips between the two soon

btw, whats it mean by "Front Ported Design"? what benefits are there to porting, or what exactly is it?

:rock:

rig9-30-09resize.jpg

If you dump that E80 it will sacrifice low end that you are loving. Give that speaker a little while (a month?) to break in. I noticed a tad of edgy-ness too when I got one. Mine is now broken in and sounds tremendous.

3 Mile Stone":3pxj07fd said:
If you dump that E80 it will sacrifice low end that you are loving. Give that speaker a little while (a month?) to break in. I noticed a tad of edgy-ness too when I got one. Mine is now broken in and sounds tremendous.

Will do, I actually have yet to play it at high volumes so I'm being a little quick on judgement :thumbsup:

TheGrooveking":2gbpfhwu said:
aeroic":2gbpfhwu said:
EWSEthan":2gbpfhwu said:
+1 its a great cab. Best and biggest sounding 1x12 Ive played through.

You should play through my Mojotone 1x12 with a K100! :)

Which Mojotone cab you referring to? The 1-12 bass cab?

TheGrooveking

This cab (which is a custom made Mojotone 1x12 - who also makes Egnater's USA made cabs - that is the same width as a Mod50 head...same depth as a TM212, and about 24" in height). It's not ported like Egnater's Rebel 1x12 or their USA made oversized 1x12. Best 1x12 I've played to date.

cab1.JPG

RockStarNick":sve2oejb said:
Someone can explain it better than me, but ported cabs usually offer more bass, bigger low end.
It really depends on the characteristics of the raw driver. For the right speaker, porting allows extension of the bass response down into the 20 Hz range. But not all guitar speakers would even benefit, port design is tailored to specific driver characteristics and cabinet volume, and having extension that low for a guitar is meaningless anyway.

However, oversized cabs like the Egnater 1 X 12 can offer a bit more bass extension for just about any guitar speaker you throw in there, compared to a conventional shallow cabinet.

It is a shame Egnater no longer makes the big 112 they used to make for the Mod series. The large cab was like 25x22.75x14 and just sounded massive. Wish I had one or could get one. Maybe Mojo Tone can make me one.

3 Mile Stone":26vsgwpe said:

+1 It really needs some break in time. I run two 112's with my Rebel 20 and it sounds huge.

i second that too....those e80's NEED to be broken in....i noticed mine started to sound less harsh and less icepicky about 50 hours in. the first 10 hours, i was HATING it at anything above bedroom levels.

i think the dude i got my TM combo from never even turned the volume past 3 on the channels and 4 on the master.

Back