Egnater Amps sold out everywhere?

hunter

It seems there is no shop that has any in stock? Arhm, are they so rare or what? I'd love to try/buy one eventually...

They're just too good. There is nothing anywhere near the $2000 mark that can touch the tone and versatility of a MOD 50. A Mesa Rectifier for $1700 is laughable compared to it. Ive told Frank many times that this amp is UNDER priced. To get amps that compare you need to look at XTC, SLO, or OD-100 and then we're talking $3000+.

The amps are constantly sold out because they are the bomb. Believe the hype. Its legit.

What Matt said!

If you need to fill the buzz go find a Randall RM 100 and play it...they sound great..the Eggy stuff is the next step up in tone! Or just order a MOD 50 and if you dont like it, it will sell in no time flat. Everyone wants one!

hunter":edefa said:
Well, good for you, so what am I supposed to do then?

Get on the waiting list and play your Bogner and Diezel in the meantime. Those two are great amps and Im sure will keep your tone in a good place for awhile! If you end up not liking it you can get almost the new price back on it from someone else who doesnt want to wait the 12 (is that what its at now Jeff?) weeks. The used ones disappear immediately because there's so few out there. Not alot of people are selling this amp once they get it...

Im going to disagree with Jeff though on the Randall thing. They sound good, but I dont think they really representative of the Egnater stuff. Theres is a big difference in tone and feel IMO.

Jeff Hilligan":f1557 said:
What Matt said!

If you need to fill the buzz go find a Randall RM 100 and play it...they sound great..the Eggy stuff is the next step up in tone! Or just order a MOD 50 and if you dont like it, it will sell in no time flat. Everyone wants one!

I tried an RM100 about a year ago, Plexi module sounded great, but overall it was lacking depth and warmth, might be it was just badly biased or the cab was shit. Also the higher gain modules didn't convince me, neither SL+ nor Recto nor XTC in that head.

However I do like a lot the clips I hear from the Egnater MODs, they seem quite a step up tone wise.

Referring to the "too cheap" comment: The prices in Europe are much higher than in US, a gtrgear.com want 2195 EUR for a Mod50 which is 3,000$. I have seen the head in the US for 2,000$.

hunter":c702e said:
Jeff Hilligan":c702e said:
What Matt said!

I tried an RM100 about a year ago, Plexi module sounded great, but overall it was lacking depth and warmth, might be it was just badly biased or the cab was shit. Also the higher gain modules didn't convince me, neither SL+ nor Recto nor XTC in that head.

However I do like a lot the clips I hear from the Egnater MODs, they seem quite a step up tone wise.

Referring to the "too cheap" comment: The prices in Europe are much higher than in US, a gtrgear.com want 2195 EUR for a Mod50 which is 3,000$. I have seen the head in the US for 2,000$.

The Randall platform..chassis is really nice..we (Egnater)are in the process of being able to offer clients to upgrade the Randall RM 100's midi boards to accept the Egnater dual modules. So you can purchase the cheaper Randall chassis and then step up with the Egnater modules. the modification will be about $300 dollars to make the Randall accept the Dual modules, but you can also find single channel Egnater modules to use in the Randall or just have me modifiy the randall modules to your taste!

Can you say addicition!
t

Hunter, I was in your shoes not too long ago. I found a Mod50 that came up for sale and paid through the nose for it. Fell kind of stupid for doing it at the time, but zero buyer's remorse now. This is my favorite I've ever owned and I've owned just about everything out there. I remember seeing a Mod50 and Mod100 for sale recently on the net. Just do some searches and keep your fingers crossed, in the meantime get on the waiting list. These amps are worth it, imo.

+1 Guys,The plain fact that if you don't like the MOD you can sell it for what you paid for it,but once you get the bug theres no turning back MOD is one sweet rig :rock:

Man these vids on Indoorstorm are awesome, really hooked me up to want a MOD50 now.
Normally I have this principle, never ever buy without trying, but in this case ... hmmmmm....

Still can't decide if I want DLX or VOX for slot 1
Still can't decide if I want SL2 or EG3/4 or ERECT for slot 2

Maybe DLX and SL2 to start with?

Back