Egnater Rebel 30 Combo effects loop ducking/distorted

McFaulTech

Hello, I have a rebel 30 1x12 original, and I run a T.C. Electronics Nova system through the effects loop. The Nova has a setting to disable the drive features to use with only Mod Effects and switch it to Line mode, which I had already done and was working fine for an hour. Today I fired her up and I could barely get any sound. When I strum I get a weird ducking of the signal and then a low level distorted sound. I have checked all the Nova settings, and they are exactly as they were, and the only effects that I was using are all analogue reverb, compression, and delay...I'm not particularly fond of Digital reverb, not sure why you put digital reverb in an analogue tube amp either. Doesn't that entail a conversion that uses a compression algorithm?

That is another question I have...if I turn the digital reverb to 0, then does the amp bypass the circuit? If not then would removing the board bypass the conversion process?

Anyway, it sounded absolutely perfect the last time I turned it on. I haven't yet tried anything else in the loop since I just sold off all of my rack gear and simplified down to this setup. Any ideas? I did try both lowering and raising input and output signals on the Nova.

Thanks,

p.s. my hours are a bit messed up right now due to injuries thanks to CV :doh:

Back