someonerandom

Hi,

I'm looking replacement tubes for ENGL Invader 150
for preamp section I need four ECC83 tubes,
the issue is that ENGL Invader 150 manual states that I need these tubes:
for V7 spot - ECC83 F.Q., input tube;
V8, V9 - ECC83 selected,
V10 - ECC83 standard.

Perhaps someone knows if there is a difference between "F.Q.", "selected" and "standard" tubes? Or can I use any "JJ ECC83S" four tubes?

Thanks!

You can put any preamp tube in any of the slots.
F.Q. stands for first quality - use some low noise tube - this position affects all the channels.
Also I liked Sovtek 12AX7LPS as a PI (according to manual it's V10)
Other than that feel free to experiment.

I get a set of standard JJs from Eurotubes all matched and balanced. It's like an extra $1.50 each to do this and then I don't have to worry about which tube goes where crap. High Gain could cause the clean channel to get too dirty in the middle position on the pickups so it's not worth it IMO considering the gain is like 5.5 on my channel 4 for Rhythm and on 7 channel 3 for lead. (I noticed ch 4 had less mids then 3 when the knobs were all the same and then read Engl mentions this too somewhere).

So no one has chimed in about the mod. My current strategy is to try an Ecc81 lower out put pre amp tube in v2 slot to lower ch3 gain. Anyone try this?

Here's more info in regards to Can Assassin's Creed run on Windows 10 take a look at our internet site

I tried to use lower output preamp tubes (ECC81 and ECC82) in V1 but it dropped the gain too much. Clean was nice but I didn't like the sound of Ch3 and Ch4. Worth to experiment though. YMMV

Back