Videos added. Phil X and the Drills with special guests

Jdub

Saw Phil X and his band the Drills at a small dive called the Woodshed in North Hollywood at Sunday. WOW!! Insane event all around. Phil's wife, catered the event and the food was off the hook good. The Music?? Next Level!! Place was packed with mostly industry people but was totally chill and unpretentious. Special guest included Doug Aldrich, Rudy Sarzo, Dweezil Zappa, Mike Inez from AIC, Doug Pinnick, The Drummer from 5 Finger Death Punch, Jason Scheff, ( singer and bass player for Chicago) Gilby Clark ( meh) and some others..

Ran into an old buddy Sean Colligan who was with Bogner back in the day before pursuing his own music career full time. Had not seen him for almost 20 years. Also got reconnected with Cameron who I also have not seen or talked to since about 2005.. Just a stellar evening all around .Really great mix of tunes and people!!

Totally mind-blowing music and super fun environment. Chad Smith from RHCP was standing next to me the entire show like an eager fan taking iPhone video the whole time. Had dinner with Rudy Sarzo and Doug Pinnick who was hammered and spilled his wine all over my buddy. hahaha. Great time. I have some phone clips of my own and will post soon.

When I go to my local dive, Phil X is not playing and I unfortunately do not run into guys like that. Very cool. Doug Pinnick can spill wine on me all day. That those guys go out and support each other like that is very cool. I realize I am using "very cool" alot in this post, but it is. Would love to see photos of the event! Thx for posting.

When I go to my local dive, Phil X is not playing and I unfortunately do not run into guys like that. Very cool. Doug Pinnick can spill wine on me all day. That those guys go out and support each other like that is very cool. I realize I am using "very cool" alot in this post, but it is. Would love to see photos of the event! Thx for posting.
I actually live in Oregon , but I grew up in LA and still make semi frequent visits. 1157 mile drive each way, but this trip in particular was worth every mile. I wish that was my local bar, but I would not want live in North Hollywood, or anywhere else in L.A to be honest. If I had the $, I would like to live in Malibu, but it is VERY expensive and way above my pay grade! Thanks for your post. Once I get home , I will post some clips.. Cheers

Last edited:
Saw Phil X and his band the Drills at a small dive called the Woodshed in North Hollywood at Sunday. WOW!! Insane event all around. Phil's wife, catered the event and the food was off the hook good. The Music?? Next Level!! Place was packed with mostly industry people but was totally chill and unpretentious. Special guest included Doug Aldrich, Rudy Sarzo, Dweezil Zappa, Mike Inez from AIC, Doug Pinnick, The Drummer from 5 Finger Death Punch, Jason Scheff, ( singer and bass player for Chicago) Gilby Clark ( meh) and some others..

Ran into an old buddy Sean Colligan who was with Bogner back in the day before pursuing his own music career full time. Had not seen him for almost 20 years. Also got reconnected with Cameron who I also have not seen or talked to since about 2005.. Just a stellar evening all around .Really great mix of tunes and people!!

Totally mind-blowing music and super fun environment. Chad Smith from RHCP was standing next to me the entire show like an eager fan taking iPhone video the whole time. Had dinner with Rudy Sarzo and Doug Pinnick who was hammered and spilled his wine all over my buddy. hahaha. Great time. I have some phone clips of my own and will post soon.
I grew up with Sean Colligan in Chicago. We hung out and started playing guitar about the same time as teenagers. All around great guy 👍🏻

I grew up with Sean Colligan in Chicago. We hung out and started playing guitar about the same time as teenagers. All around great guy 👍🏻
Yeah man. Small world! Sean is an all around great dude. Very nice and humble. Smoking player and really good singer too.

Ouch. How long has he had it? I have never had a problem with delays on any amps he has done, but I have heard others are not so fortunate...
7 years and no communication in 5. Which was with Jason from Suckerfree...he gave up on me to I guess

So Cool that you got to be at that hang. Thank you for sharing. Sean is absolutely the coolest dude ever. I loved seeing him an my quarterly trips to Bogner back in the day. Great player and such a great guy. Phil seems super cool too.

So Cool that you got to be at that hang. Thank you for sharing. Sean is absolutely the coolest dude ever. I loved seeing him an my quarterly trips to Bogner back in the day. Great player and such a great guy. Phil seems super cool too.
Thanks. Hope you and yours are doing well Steve!l Yeah Sean is class act all around! . It was a trip... literally the second I parked and got out of my car, he was walking by on the sidewalk!! Don't be a stranger. Give me a ring sometime and chat gear. Curious what your favorite amps are these days.

I have a bunch of I phone clips of my own but found several just posted on YouTube... for the sake of ease I am sharing some of those instead.. Here is Highway Star with Doug Aldrich for starters.

Last edited:
Back