EVH amp owners or previous own. Can someone explain loop?

romanianreaper

Maybe I'm not understanding correctly but have the EVH foot pedal hooked up to the amp. When I turn up the amp's reverb, the effects loop turns the reverb on and off. Wonderful. When I use the effects loop for my pedal board and hit the effects button on the EVH footswitch, nothing happens associated to my pedals. I thought it would shut off the loop entirely as far as effects running. Am I wrong?

romanianreaper":1q5magjc said:
Maybe I'm not understanding correctly but have the EVH foot pedal hooked up to the amp. When I turn up the amp's reverb, the effects loop turns the reverb on and off. Wonderful. When I use the effects loop for my pedal board and hit the effects button on the EVH footswitch, nothing happens associated to my pedals. I thought it would shut off the loop entirely as far as effects running. Am I wrong?
No, it should turn the loop totally on or off? That's how it worked for me long ago when I had one.

Chris6870":35vki23p said:
You sure your using the right cable?

Yeah, I used the one that was wrapped with the Effects Loop box.

Any chance it is just for the built-in reverb? I guess that wouldn't make any sense though because then it would just have a button that says "Reverb". Hmmm, I guess I'll check a few cables.

It definitely switches the loop. I played that amp for years with a delay in the loop and the footswitch as my only control for it. You got something weird going on there.

romanianreaper":2vjmdysn said:

Which EVH amp specifically? All of the EVH heads 50W/100W the footswitch will turn the loop on/off. If it is the combo (which I am guessing that is what you have since it has onboard reverb) then the footswitch will turn the reverb only on/off and not the loop

Just looked at the manual and the footswitch far right button is labeled "reverb". So it does look like that button only turns the reverb on/off.

Buckeyedog":1vclggwc said:
Just looked at the manual and the footswitch far right button is labeled "reverb". So it does look like that button only turns the reverb on/off.

Thanks man! Yeah, I think the guy gave me the footswitch for the head they were selling. LOL. Some poor bastard is going to get the head with a "Reverb" switch. LOL

Spaceboy":33enngdk said:
Ohh, it’s a combo. I had no idea the combo version even had reverb.

Yes, and it is a great sounding one!! I have some Keeley reverb pedals, etc. and it sounds nice alongside those behemoths. The effects thing is not a huge deal I guess as I can tap dance but just would have been nice. Having the reverb switchable is cool though too.

Back