EVH Cab or Scumback cab

keano

The EVH cab sounds amazing with the EVH head. I also played a scumback cab with M75 and loved it also.But I can get the EVH cab cheaper. Is it fair to say these are both great cabs and can't go wrong?

Never played a Scumback cab, but the EVH cab is the best cab I had so far considering various Marshall, Mesa, Diezel and Framus cabs. It just sounds good with anything. It has a really 3D sound to it. We are sharing our rehearsal space with a blues band, and one of their guitarist soaks everything in reverb. He tried my EVH amp and cab, and asked me to dial in some more reverb on the amp. I had to enlighten him, that there is no reverb on the amp. He just looked funny and started asking me on possible trades. :)

aftec":38xutfbr said:
Never played a Scumback cab, but the EVH cab is the best cab I had so far considering various Marshall, Mesa, Diezel and Framus cabs. It just sounds good with anything. It has a really 3D sound to it. We are sharing our rehearsal space with a blues band, and one of their guitarist soaks everything in reverb. He tried my EVH amp and cab, and asked me to dial in some more reverb on the amp. I had to enlighten him, that there is no reverb on the amp. He just looked funny and started asking me on possible trades. :)

+1 i have played a 5150 III cabinet but not a scumback cabinet.

5150 III cabinet holds together well, projects great at all volumes except for volume levels higher than ~4 on the 5150 III heads in my experience which is partially due to the 25W speakers they are loaded with and not the cabinet itself. the 5150 III cabinets are also a little larger than normal by about .5" to 1" if i remember correctly.

IMHO if you like the tone of greenbacks get the 5150 III cabinet - if you like the tone of scumback's id still get the 5150 III cabinet, sell the EVH celestions and use the money for used scumback speakers. in the end you could save alot of cash this way and it is a win/win situation.

ShredHeadJHJ":21mx3crl said:
Wow, I have never heard of a Scumback cab. Must be total pwnage.

LOL, love that term. I guess that means Steve Stevens and Keith Urban are both pwned, right? ;)

Keith Urban gear video 2, the Scumback cab is mentioned in the last 45 seconds or so:
http://www.guitar.com/video/keith-urban ... rig-part-2

Steve Stevens in Moscow, opening night of the 2010 Billy Idol tour:

http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewt ... 4&start=30

ssmoscowcabpic.jpg

Back