EVH D-tuna

Not true. I tune to C/drop B and it works perfectly. I have two on my 1991 Ibanez RG 565 with an Edge tremolo and they work flawlessly.

Every guitar i put one on, works great. I dont get all the people for whom it does not work. Something is not setup right.
Maybe it's the different trems themselves? So my issue was I couldn't push it it all the way when going to the lower tuning.

Maybe it's the different trems themselves? So my issue was I couldn't push it it all the way when going to the lower tuning.
Do not forget that the low string has to have it's fine tuner almost all the way backed off or else it will not go in all the way, will be very tight against the screw.

I put a D tuna on an original floyd, an edge and the Peavey and Evh bridges without any issues, ever. Still use all of them to this day. From E to A#. 13-60 gauge strings too.

You need to really examine all the details of your install. Something's definately wrong. Such a great tool, sucks it does not work for you.

Do not forget that the low string has to have it's fine tuner almost all the way backed off or else it will not go in all the way, will be very tight against the screw.

I put a D tuna on an original floyd, an edge and the Peavey and Evh bridges without any issues, ever. Still use all of them to this day. From E to A#. 13-60 gauge strings too.

You need to really examine all the details of your install. Something's definately wrong. Such a great tool, sucks it does not work for you.
Id rather play a Les Paul.
Locking Floyds were never designed to drop D locked.

Well I setup I thought i did have the fine tuner all the way open, but maybe I'll buy another for my other one. I have since went floating trem anyway on that guitar, which I actually like better for it. But the other Peavey has 11-52 in C# standard, and is blocked, so maybe I'll give it a go on that one so I can have the option of Drop B. Thanks man.

Well I setup I thought i did have the fine tuner all the way open, but maybe I'll buy another for my other one. I have since went floating trem anyway on that guitar, which I actually like better for it. But the other Peavey has 11-52 in C# standard, and is blocked, so maybe I'll give it a go on that one so I can have the option of Drop B. Thanks man.
No sweat man, i just find it sad that it is not working for you as i find it such a god send!!!!!! Sure hope you can figure it out!!!

Also, the fine tuner screw has to touch the d tuna, if it is all the way out, it wont work. I ad about 1 1/2 turns of threads when the screw touches the d tuna. This leaves me a bit of give if ever i need to adjust tuning a bit.

Hope you figure it out.

The only way other sting would go flat is if the bridge moved. I would tighten the springs and retest

Back