False Ad - Reset Password if this Happens to You... and Make it STRONG

Holy shit, that's crazy. I did send you a PM, can't say I've seen something to this extent before. I did find it weird that the one thing missing from the photo was the actual pedal.

Yeah I dont know what happened .... Looks like I was hacked but I come on here pretty often so I got your message right away.

Received your report. Unfortunately AFAIK there's nothing we can do about it mate.

Resetting your password was a good move and the only one I can think of that makes any sense anyway, so touch wood you should be OK from now on.

I can see why someone might want to do this:
Pretend to be selling something under your name, receive some money and then disappear, leaving you holding the ball.

What a POS. :thumbsdown:

Be sure to verify your email account on file to a mod immediately. A mod had to change my email on file back to my own. They changed the email too so I couldn’t reset.

Admins/mods should be sure to change their own passwords more often.

It happened to me as well a few months ago. Shit was scary, some hacker was about to close a deal on an amp I didn’t even own or post about.

Last edited:
Be sure to verify your email account on file to a mod immediately. A mod had to change my email on file back to my own. They changed the email too so I couldn’t reset.

Admins/mods should be sure to change their own passwords more often.

It happened to me as well a few months ago. Shit was scary, some hacker was about to close a deal on an amp I didn’t even own or post about.

Whoa!!! That’s horrible. Thieves and scammers are the worst. I saw a thing on YouTube where they interview a bunch of scammers and these guys were proud of what they were doing. They said they were like modern day Robin Hood’s and they were just stealing from the rich which was total BS. They were stealing from anyone they could, including senior citizens(saddest thing I’ve ever seen, after working and saving their entire lives to lose it all) in romance scams and taking everything these senior citizens have leaving them broke and destitute. I would like to see how they feel after someone drains their account and then beats the living shit out of them. These guys also do home invasions on fellow scammers homes.(too bad they don’t all simultaneously waste each other) Their hypocrisy knows no bounds. Of course, they were out of reach of most law enforcement in Africa.

Last edited:
Just reset my password so if you get something from me prior to this or our trying to buy something reach out to me. It was not me. I had the same scammer using my account on TGP. Bastards. Stay safe out there.

Guys definitely setup two-step verification authentication. I just did as to help thwart these assclowns trying to scam the world.

Turns out TGP's had some issues too, but it would appear to have affected many more users over there.

It can't be stressed strongly-enough that in the end it all comes down to password strength, so I've added this to the title.

Make it strong and you can't go wrong. :LOL: :rock:

Back