Finally Got My Hands On A Vader Cab

Bad.Seed

Traded a guitar I didn't want and had been trying to sell for a while for a mint Vader 4x12 cab, Peavey xxx and $200. I wasn't mad at the deal.

Although I really didn't think this cab would be for me, I wanted to try it anyways since I have never owned or played through one, and remember how they were all the rage when I was just getting into gear around 2010

First thoughts.....yeah, not a huge fan, haha. I knew what to expect, the cab is dark and fairly flat sounding. I remember everyone describing them as tight, but it actually seemed a little loose to my ears, which I thought may be te case with how much internal volume the cab has.

Has anyone ever owned one of these and changed the speakers out? I have some extra V30's and K85's and thought about swapping them in, but I also hate changing speakers and feel it may not be worth the effort. Lol.

I'm actually not sure if it's the speaker/magnet, but the cab is also surprisingly light weight for how large it is.
'
175054978_10125283156862864_2739438657163132865_n.jpg
175443094_10125291303826284_2731454432894498180_n.jpg

I think I saw that post. Was going to ask if they would sell just the head. Nice score!

You score that in Northern Ohio? If so, I talked to that guy as well. I made him an offer and he said he had someone interested. Based on your opinion of the cab I'm glad I wasn't able to make it happen.

You score that in Northern Ohio? If so, I talked to that guy as well. I made him an offer and he said he had someone interested. Based on your opinion of the cab I'm glad I wasn't able to make it happen.
Yep, that would be the one! Sorry bro, haha. For me it worked out, just because I always wanted to check it out and I finally got rid of a guitar nobody was interested in

They definitely have their own thing going on that’s not really comparable to any other cab I’ve played, definitely way flatter sounding. I’m not sure I’ve ever recorded with mine, I’ll have to give that a shot soon

I had one, took 2 of the speakers out and replaced 'em with EVM12L's. Big improvement but still a scooped sounding cab. I've never heard an oversized cab that didn't sound all scooped & woofy though. Definitely not tight.

The Mesa next to it is the “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it” meme 💯%.
I’d throw a couple of celestions in it and use it as a detuned cab for a low wattage head.

I've got a set of V30's from a Line 6 cab to play with. Maybe I'll swap those in and check em out. I know I don't love the cab as is

I've got a set of V30's from a Line 6 cab to play with. Maybe I'll swap those in and check em out. I know I don't love the cab as is
did you ever swap out the speakers in the Vader cab? My buddy has a Vader 4x12 and he’s not a fan of the speakers. He’s borrowing someone’s Mesa rec 4x12 and he’s loving that cab. He’s thinking about putting Mesa V30’s in his Vader now.

I really don't like how those cab look. At all.

The logo looks like they cheaped out on the designer. The covering looks like they cheaped out on the tolex. The grill looks like they cheaped out on the cloth. The Emis sound like they cheaped out on good speakers.

Not be a dick to anyone who actually likes them. I don't know how they're built. But visually, I mean...

Back