Finally played the Helios

glassjaw7

It is easily the best I've played or heard in the modded Marshall camp. The only other that came close was the Friedman SS-100 but it was a different beast; more refined and "polite" but still killer. THe Ceriatone Chupa has some similarities but the Bogner is all around better in every way. The Helios has pure Marshall pissed off grunt and punch but can be dialed in to have just enough of the signature Bogner thing going on. The super tight woody low end, tons of focused gain and that special thing that happens on the high strings when you hit a chord with some force, it's all there.

Had my buddy over (he owns the amp) and he just slayed though that thing with his Warmoth/Charvel that he built. My Les Paul sounded equally awesome but the character of each guitar came though big time. Back to back with my Ecstasy Classic through a Bogner 212OS with Scumback BM75, we could get them sort of in the same ballpark but the Helios was raw and angry while the Classic was more refined and not quite as tight.

I don't want to go on too long about it and I don't have clips or video :doh: but I'll just say that anyone holding off should try this amp. there are a few good clips but none of them prepared me for what's this thing can do. It's the Bogner that Marshall fans have been wanting for so long. VH 1, Facelift, the base tone of Dirt and so much more, it's in there.

Raw and angry. That's what I like. I had a feeling that this would be something I need to pursue. I'm not even in the market but someday...thanks for the gas.

Just bought a Paul, just got my AX8 invitation to buy, and now you've just resurrected my Helios lust. If money grew on trees...

Back