Fortin NATAS Announcement

technomancer

I can't believe nobody has posted this yet...

It's official, the Fortin NATAS is now available... pricey at $3799 but if it's like the other Fortins it will sound godly :metal:

FEATURES & SPECIFICATIONS:
● World Mains 100/110/120/220/230/240 VAC 50/60HZ
● 4 - BIAS locking pots and test points
● 5 - 12AX7s, 1 -12AT7, & 4 - Power tubes in any combinations of EL34, 6CA7, KT77, 6L6, 5881, KT66, 6550, KT88, KT90, KT100. Class-AB, 100 to 200+ watts RMS
● Fully regulated DC preamp heaters for an ultra low noise floor
● Marriage of PCB and Point-to-Point assembly
● 5 button Footswitch is included (CH1/LOOP/CH2/LOOP/KILL)

Natas_Productpage.jpg

News: Fortin Amplification: Fortin Amplification Releases the NATAS Tube Guitar Amplifier | Harmony Central

http://www.fortinamps.com/Natas.aspx

locoed":25jkn78j said:
Kinda pricey for an amp that hasn't proved itself yet.
Just my opinion,not knocking it.

All you have to do is plug into it.
The proof comes out of the speakers just like every other Fortin.
I've played it, and it kicks serious ass.
Fortin is a force to be reckoned with.

Ancient Alien":1qm59jvy said:
locoed":1qm59jvy said:

Meathead is a killer amp no doubt,but a metal amp for lots
O coin just seems a bit high.

locoed":3n4zgykv said:
Ancient Alien":3n4zgykv said:
locoed":3n4zgykv said:

While the amp is designed to stay focused no matter what you throw at it metal wise the clean channel and crunch tones are outstanding as well, it is not a one trick pony. The reason for the price are the parts, the trannies are really expensive as they are custom made with different materials. We heard stock amps side by side and while the stock stuff started to fall apart Mike's production amps just kept going.

I do understand your point about it being new with limited exposure right now, I know I would not want it right now if I did not get a chance to play it and speak with Mike regarding his ideas and designs. The voicing may not be for everyone but it is still very impressive with what it can do.

Dale B":2n6g6idd said:
It had better give a mean hummer for that kind of mula. :LOL: :LOL:

i think i'm just that addicted to gear at the moment as well,

but yeah i mean what amp is worth whatever pricetag, shit diezels are at least 4000 new,

marsha get up there, wizards are 4495 or whatever, larry's are about 8-9 grand for their top of the line,

so yeah my car i bought new for 11000, and i own two amps that cover 3/4th's of that pricetag

i'm a stupid guitar player damnit!!!

i mean there are plenty of other amps i haven't mentioned just because it's 530am and i can't sleep much less list off amp companies that the stuff of dreams

but meh, i want one, but will wait cause i's broke! go figure,

if you are on this site, you most likely have so of you priorities out of whack, certainly not knocking that, just saying,

i mean i've spent thousands on gear during times i wasn't playing with anyone, much less even recording for personal enjoyment, so i'm a big dumb fuck, so really i guess MY priorities are out of whack and i like to project, because at least it seems most the members on here are in bands or use their equipment for a business purpose, i just dick around every once in awhile with some douchebag or record,,,

regards and thanks for the heads up on the amp,

looked at it on the website, and it seems less hype and more awesome than i thought it would be

i've talked to mike before and he's genuinely a great guy etc, etc

this is too long

peace

Digital Jams":38okgq0d said:
locoed":38okgq0d said:
Ancient Alien":38okgq0d said:
locoed":38okgq0d said:

I have no doubt Mike did a bang up job with it,and I know he doesn't buy junk
components,parts,trannies etc.
But only a few people played the amp,none of which I've ever heard of.
I wouldn't buy a new model Porsche either.
I didn't buy my Diezel when it came out,I waited a few years after it was played but alot
of people,like Adam Jones,and I'm sure you'll come back with "so a rockstar doesn't use one so I guess that means it's junk?"
it hasn't been test driven enough in my opinion to justify that price.
That's all I'm saying.and yes I want one too but not for that price.

While the amp is designed to stay focused no matter what you throw at it metal wise the clean channel and crunch tones are outstanding as well, it is not a one trick pony. The reason for the price are the parts, the trannies are really expensive as they are custom made with different materials. We heard stock amps side by side and while the stock stuff started to fall apart Mike's production amps just kept going.

I do understand your point about it being new with limited exposure right now, I know I would not want it right now if I did not get a chance to play it and speak with Mike regarding his ideas and designs. The voicing may not be for everyone but it is still very impressive with what it can do.

Looks cool.

It's only expensive if you don't like it. If it's the best tone you've ever hear, then it's pretty cheap.

mhenson42":9sizfqgd said:
Looks cool.

It's only expensive if you don't like it. If it's the best tone you've ever hear, then it's pretty cheap.

Got me there,I'll agree with that,maybe I'll change my mind
if and when I hear it.

locoed":7ttdjait said:
mhenson42":7ttdjait said:
Looks cool.

Got me there,I'll agree with that,maybe I'll change my mind
if and when I hear it.

Looking at that sig of yours I am trying to figure out how you can call something expensive :LOL: :LOL: :D

Back