Friedman Be-Mini

Anyone try the BE Mini with Synergy modules in the loop ....?
I would like to know if this little head could be a good power amp for that purpose .

Is it just me or does the tone sound very flat and muffled? I was really interested in this amp, but this clip really destroyed my interest. :cry:
Yes it sounds exactly as you state to my ears, I hear no headroom or dynamics in that clip pushing the 4x12. Too bad it's a cool concept, the direct recording Nielsen did sounded better.

Pretty much in line with the Marshall mini battery powered amps IMHO.

One is probably better off running regular BEOD into a tube or high powered S/S power amp to get the headroom back, YMMV.

Got mine. This is actually my first Friedman product. Pretty impressive with a boost. Lots of tones available surprisingly. I'm hitting the front with a Boss GE-7 to sculpt the lows and sharpen the attack. Both my EMG and PAF loaded LPs as well as my 60s single coil Strat sound great through it.
Sort of reminds me feelwise of the class D power in the Hotone Nano amps but with a much better preamp.

IMG-20210511-111912-01.jpg

Last edited:
I have been with the Friedman camp since way back when Dave modded a Marshall of mine and only had the "Marsha" available. I got one of rhe first ASM-12s, the BE-OD pedal, and own a JJ Jr. This little amp sounds pretty killer and would love to try one out. To me, definitely sounds more saturated than my JJ Jr. and seems to sound more modern than the other small.Friedman amps.

Do these sound this good in person? On video they beat the other Friedman stuff.
I have owned 2 BE 100s and 1 BE 100 DLX and I currently have the mini. The mini has more saturation and gain on tap than the big brothers. Definitely a great amp for the money and completely inspiring/fun to play. You will forget that you are playing a SS amp in no time.

Back