Friedman Vintage Amp Line

drneely

Hey Dave, curious if you can share much about the vintage line of amps you’ve mentioned on the Tone Talk show a few times? Seems like I remember a Vox style, maybe a single channel 50 watt and 100 watt plexi style as well? Would price points be lower than the multi channel heads? Still similar construction/build styles? Master volumes?

Would love to hear anything you can share. Would be very excited about the plexi style heads myself.

Thanks

Last edited:

hellzington

In the latest Tone Talk, Dave said that one of this new series will be the VH replica amp, made using the same pot values and other things from that Pete Thorn video.

SpiderWars

In the latest Tone Talk, Dave said that one of this new series will be the VH replica amp, made using the same pot values and other things from that Pete Thorn video.
That would be cool. The Helios and SL68 are really the only new amps that I'm interested in. This would be another.

I wonder if it will have a loop? I assume not but since that is so important to most it would be a deal killer for many.

SpiderWars

Cant to a do in a non master amp that works right.. The power section just saturates the effects.. No loops sorry
That's kind of what I thought. Not an issue for me.

FWIW, there are some of us that are "full 4700-5000pF bright cap or no cap"...the ones in between are kind of the worst of both worlds. So the option for that big ass bright cap would be nice.