Frustrated With Friedman, Need Info On Wizard Amps

I had an MC50 that was modded by Rick - it would tear your face off, like a dumbass I sold it to chase something else. getting the SS100 as I hear it has a cool Plexi rawness to it. His builds are impressive, which says a lot if He is thinking of having you guys do them Dave.

Any of them will do what you need them too, but if you want to stay as close to the Marshall tone as possible, I'd say go with the MC or MCII. I can't compare the two because I've never played the MCII, but I've owned 3 Modern Classics, a '93 Metal and a Rock Standard and I keep coming back to the regular Modern Classic. Mine has a loop on it, and I don't really feel like I'm missing out on anything by not owning a MCII.

I kind of prefer simple amps though-I'd be perfectly happy with six knobs and an input jack. I'm easily distracted, so if I have too many bells and whistles, I spend all my time playing with the amp, and none of it playing the guitar.

The extra knobs on the MCii isn't distracting I feel. You'll easily find a setting you gel with and leave it there. All the knobs a super musical, you won't be searching... whatever you set it at will be great.

Back