Fryette customer service sucks dog dicks for quarters.

I knew it wasn’t a Marshall flavor amp and never was trying to get that out of it at all. That had nothing to do with it for me. It was a great amp to me for a while when I didn’t have much yet, but then I got other amps later on that made it hard to find a reason to keep it around anymore. The powerchords on it to me sounded hollow and lacking a complete growl/roar/too smooth vs other amps, the inherent tone was just flat/filtered/sterile vs any vintage amp and even some of the few good modern ones like a Wizard or Naylor. I liked its clarity, punch and tightness, but other amps I had outdid it there too, so I couldn’t find any reason to justify keeping it. That’s how I am. If there’s one thing an amp does better than anything else I have, no matter how specific it is, it’s a keeper (this is why I have almost 30 amps and several power amps & preamps), if it’s just good with nothing exceptional then it’s going asap. That’s how it was for me. Agreed on the master being 3:00 or higher

I think comparisons are crucial for me to really understand thoroughly what I’m hearing. When I said it’s sterile, hollow, brittle highs, I meant vs other amps I had (not just Marshall’s), but having been through so much gear comparison testing over the years, those undesirable qualities to me of those amps I will usually hear right away these days even before doing the necessary comparisons. That hollowness (which the Wizards & hiwatts have also) is one particular thing I really dislike in guitar tone. It’s for me as bad as for others when they complain about things being too bright or harsh
I know exactly what you mean.

So the jacks are proprietary and made just for them. Side note is they are cheap as fuck so if you have a power station count on them breaking at some point and then good luck getting it resolved. I’m on my 5th email and it’s looking like I now have an $800 paper weight.
That definitely isn't a ringing endorsement. I was really close to pulling the trigger on a PS, think I'll hold off for a minute to see how it shakes out..

Okay Steve. Now get back to the workshop and finish the SigX v2 yah??
Yeah, because the new generation has a lot of grit..
So much so that even young girls can run down the street with a Vintage Marshall with 1 hand.. :ROFLMAO:

731gas.gif

Well we all hear things differently, but I’ve played many other UL’s & Pittbull’s other than the one I owned and they all had those qualities to my ears, but there are other amps with those qualities as well to my ears where many guys on here probably wouldn’t agree with me, so to each their own. It’s not that I don’t think they’re good amps, but I’m always judging largely based on AB comparisons and vs a lot of amps (especially good Marshall’s) those qualities become very exposed
Hey Braintheory, I just did a 2 hour A/B type comparison using same guitars/cabs/speakers
with each of my amplifiers
I have a hypothesis for this “exposed”
you speak of and came up with a quote, since I’m building machines myself these days:

“Quality components in the right places”.

I bet the amplifier company being crucified here
will definitely be taking care of you now.
I get it..burn it all down.

Thought of another thing about my SigX that is annoying.

The cunting thing is stupid sensitive about power supply. So much so that quite often when taking it out into venues, the amp would switch channels by itself. My tech believes it is due to dirty power and a poor footswitch design. Unplugging the footswitch stops it.

Yeah, because the new generation has a lot of grit..
So much so that even young girls can run down the street with a Vintage Marshall with 1 hand.. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 147973

Okay Steve.

1670111713597.png

I emailed them three times over a 3 month span about some replacement pots for my Deliverance, not one email back. Fuck Fryette. Anyone have a spare VHT amp logo I can buy? DM me.

If you ever worked with the public you know how interesting that can be. I typically deal with over a thousand people every week. Working in the funeral industry individuals often take things personally. Many individuals have the illusion they are a priority.

I had a short discussion about this topic many years ago with Steve. His view on it was he thought it was important that people have the opportunity to vent opinions in public. It has absolutely zero effect on what they do and don't do or when.

Things will get sorted out. It might not happen as you anticipated. C'est la vie....

Thought of another thing about my SigX that is annoying.

The cunting thing is stupid sensitive about power supply. So much so that quite often when taking it out into venues, the amp would switch channels by itself. My tech believes it is due to dirty power and a poor footswitch design. Unplugging the footswitch stops it.

Okay Steve.

View attachment 147991

My buddy had a Sig:X and also had problems with the footswitch; it ended up dying altogether

From everything I've seen online the Sig seems to be the one amp from Fryette that has the most issues

My buddy had a Sig:X and also had problems with the footswitch; it ended up dying altogether

From everything I've seen online the Sig seems to be the one amp from Fryette that has the most issues
Never heard about switching problems with the Sig.. No issues with mine and I bought it used off Reverb..
My old Mark V OTOH would do this flicker switchy thing that I attributed to poor Cable Connection, but not with the Sig.

Back