FS: Original early 80's German Floyd Rose tremolo SOLD!

Parap14

Hey guys, been awhile since I posted anything for sale. Thought I would offer it here first. I have had this Floyd sitting around waiting for a project. Not gonna happen so letting it go. You will not find a nicer example of an early 80's Floyd than this one. Looks basically brand new. Very minimal pivot point wear. R3 locking nut. Comes with everything except the posts and hex wrenches. Even includes the 11mm wrench for removing the arm. If you are building an EVH tribute, here you go. Ask any questions that you may have. $275 shipped.

Thanks for looking, Jim

Attachments

• IMG_2248[1].JPG
    IMG_2248[1].JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 89
  • IMG_2253[1].JPG
    IMG_2253[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 80
  • IMG_2250[1].JPG
    IMG_2250[1].JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 81
Last edited:
In my humble opinion, the Schaller® (made in Germany) are the very best quality Floyds.

Good luck with the sale !

(y)
Only problem with the Schaller, is the knife edge insert they use. Which did break on my 1991 Hamer USA Centaura. Which rendered it useless for heavy Trem stuff.
After that experience OFRs for me.

Only problem with the Schaller, is the knife edge insert they use. Which did break on my 1991 Hamer USA Centaura. Which rendered it useless for heavy Trem stuff.
After that experience OFRs for me.
The Schaller® Floyd I have has no inserts.

I remember having older Floyds, back in the day, that had those inserts and you're right.. they were crap.

The Schaller® Floyd I have has no inserts.

I remember having older Floyds, back in the day, that had those inserts and you're right.. they were crap.
They’re still selling them; the first new Schaller ofr I see on eBay for 197$ has them; but the Schaller Lockmeister does not.

They’re still selling them; the first new Schaller ofr I see on eBay for 197$ has them; but the Schaller Lockmeister does not.
That's weird.

I upgraded the Floyd on my Korean Dean ML with a Schaller Floyd, and there's no inserts.

The pivots edges are just part of the bridge itself.

That's weird.

I upgraded the Floyd on my Korean Dean ML with a Schaller Floyd, and there's no inserts.

The pivots edges are just part of the bridge itself.
Yep the molded cast edges are the ones to get. The Lockmeister is identical to an OFR, same price.

Back