FS: Pre 2000 GMW strathead 80's style snakeskin Floyd Rose PRICE DROP!

Parap14

I have had this guitar for what seems like forever. It is my only 1-5/8(actually a little wider) nut width (R2) guitar. Everything else is 1-11/16 or wider. So this one sits. Great neck. Great payability as those of you who know the GMW's know. I suspect the parts on this were supplied to Lee by a famous Jackson employee. He always used to write in pencil the nut width on the heel by the adjuster. 80's Charvel/Jackson snakeskin replica was done by Mike Learn over the original medium blue. Bridge is a Suhr DSH+. Neck is a DiMarzio HS2 or 3. cannot remember. Sounded great so I left it there. Comes with Peavey hardshell case, trem arm and wrenches. Sad to see this one go. It is time. $2,100 + $100 shipping in CONUS. Open to trades as well. Thanks for looking, Jim

Attachments

• IMG_2255[1].JPG
    IMG_2255[1].JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 239
  • IMG_2257[1].JPG
    IMG_2257[1].JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 227
  • IMG_2258[1].JPG
    IMG_2258[1].JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 208
  • IMG_2260[1].JPG
    IMG_2260[1].JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 193
  • IMG_2259[1].JPG
    IMG_2259[1].JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 201
  • IMG_2037[1].JPG
    IMG_2037[1].JPG
    3 MB · Views: 218
Last edited:
Thanks for the comments guys. She is a shredder for sure. Great neck. Nicely broken in. The new owner would not be disappointed.

I knew a few of the builders at GMW from the early days: Dave, Harvey, Sean, and a different Dave.

A friend of mine purchased a GMW guitar through Dave and it was an excellent guitar.

Many of the guys that worked there had worked at Jackson, ESP, and BC Rich.

I had considered purchasing a GMW guitar myself since they were high quality guitars and I had played my friends GMW a good number of times and it played so well that each time it made me consider getting one built :)

GLWS!!

Last edited:
I knew a few of the builders at GMW from the early days: Dave, Harvey, Sean, and a different Dave.

A friend of mine purchased a GMW guitar through Dave and it was an excellent guitar.

Many of the guys that worked there had worked at Jackson, ESP, and BC Rich.

I had considered purchasing a GMW guitar myself since they were high quality guitars and I had played my friends GMW a good number of times and it played so well that each time it made me consider getting one built :)

GLWS!!
That‘s a cool story. It is a quality instrument for sure. New owner would not be disappointed.

Back