FS: VHT CL-100 Pittbull... $1000 shipped!!!!!!

orangekick

VHT CL-100 Pittbull
This is an older VHT CL-100. It was bought in October of 1997 and has been used but never abused. It was recently retubed with Ruby EL34's. I can send you links to music that was recorded with this amp if you would like. Feel free to ask any questions.
vhtfront.jpg

vhtfrontclose.jpg

vhtback.jpg

$1000 shipped in the States.

a grand is a great price. I think most guys that are going after the VHT tone want the graphic EQ....its not that its not a great sounding amp without it - because it is. most guys just want the option. sucks, but it is what it is, I guess. there are some guys out there that do prefer the amp without it though. just takes longer to find 'em. did you put it up at www.vhtusers.com ?

I should hit them up.

I have heard this amp with the EQ option and the only thing that I thought that it added to was a clean sound. This one sounds killer on its own without the EQ.

I would honestly love to have that, I really don't want the EQ option to be honest. I have no money though. If I could sell my 2:100 then I would most likely be all over this.

i one of the guys who thought i wanted the EQ, after getting it, it's really no big deal. the EQ adds a little bit of noise, and i just barely got a couple sliders raised.

one thing that really pissed me off about the EQ, is that they put the Presence and Depth knobs on the back of the amp.

but yea, great deal on this amp!

I had a hard time selling my CL50 because it had no eq. Finally, someone was smart enough to realize what a steal it was for 700 bucks after 3 tries selling it on Craigslist. :confused:
You really don't need eq and just buy a pedal if you really can't live without it. More than a few guys missed out on a great deal because they had it stuck in their head that the amp is not good without eq. Their loss.

BTW, I played a CL100 yesterday after demo'ing the new 5150 III.....VHT ate it for breakfast. I can't believe how much clearer and 'musical' it sounded. I might have to pick up another VHT CL but I'm trying to wait for the Sig X.

:|::QBB:
simbasa":bc19b said:
I had a hard time selling my CL50 because it had no eq. Finally, someone was smart enough to realize what a steal it was for 700 bucks after 3 tries selling it on Craigslist. :confused:
You really don't need eq and just buy a pedal if you really can't live without it. More than a few guys missed out on a great deal because they had it stuck in their head that the amp is not good without eq. Their loss.

BTW, I played a CL100 yesterday after demo'ing the new 5150 III.....VHT ate it for breakfast. I can't believe how much clearer and 'musical' it sounded. I might have to pick up another VHT CL but I'm trying to wait for the Sig X.

Yeah man, I don't know why people are so hung up on the EQ either. This amp has always had a killer tone without it. We played a ton of shows where someone was always coming up to see what was making that tone. This amp wouldn't be going anywhere, but the Orange Rockerverb 100 is just THE amp for me.

If anyone's interested in clips, check out my old band here...

http://www.myspace.com/negativetheory

All the guitars are an ESP M-II straight in with no EQ on the board or in post production. The guy that recorded us loved that amp too. :thumbsup:

Hi,

Do you still have the VHT for sale?

Please let me know.

I may buy it from you right away.

Thanks,
Jason

Back