General question about Warmoth

Several (I can't remember) Warmoth necks over the decades.

I think the 'modern' necks (the ones with the heel side adjust) have too much metal in the truss assembly. The double acting rods feel and sound bright and stiff. But if you have a mushy sounding strat body, that may be the ticket.

I played a MusiKraft a bit ago that has me drooling.

This is not a comment on Warmoth quality. Every time I bought a neck, it bolted on and was ready to play.

I will have the Warmoth replacement neck tomorrow. I have alot of work I have to do on this guitar. I bought a Mexican Hendrix tribute Stratocaster. I'm replacing almost everything except the body and bridge along with the tuning keys but everything else is going.... I have a nice pair of custom pick ups from a maker over in Russia, his 1967 replacement pick ups I got.... what first amazed me about these is the fact that he sent springs for adjusting pick up height instead of those rubber tubes Fender is using now. If he pays such attention like this to details. I'm sure they are going to sound great.... I can't wait to get this guitar back together.

I wish Warmoth would offer the same options with regard to truss rods. Mainly with regards to scalloping and Wenge.

Still everything I have received from them has been solid...many necks and bodies over the last 20 years.

Between them, Musikraft and KNE I can pretty much get what I want and all three have been solid so far.

I got the neck the other day and installed it. It's a nice neck. Feels great in the hand. I had to balance a few frets but that was it..

I’m a Warmoth devote - built at least a dozen over the years. My current ‘go-to’ guitars are warmoth. Never disappointed.

Back