Germino Lead 55LV in route, cab/speaker suggestions?

tonesfoyobones

Have a Germino Lead 55LV on the way and wanted to see what cab or speakers that it likes. I'm assuming some Greenback's or something in that vein?
For those of you that have played this amp let me know your thoughts. Really want to bring the best out of it!

Thanks guys!

I had a quad of M75 65 watt Scumbacks in a 1960B and I swapped them out for new production Celestion Heritage reissue 55Hz 12H-30's and wow they were great right out of the box, they have this great woody character to them, nice grind but have that 12H-30 clarity to them similar to what I hear in the pulsonic coned greenbacks. I've tried just about every greenback and greenback variant out there and have come to the conclusion I'm just a 12H-30 kind of guy. The celestion speakers were bought 2018-2019, they sound great with my 68 plexi, 72 modded SL and my Splawn Modded 2203 so your Germino should play nice with them as well. Congrats on the new amp.

After that I bought another new quad of Heritage reissue MIE 12H-30 75Hz for another cab and it wasn't a fluke these 75Hz sound as good as my original 12H-30 1982B cabinet that I have had for years, the 75Hz model of course have more highs to them seem a bit tighter and not as much of the woody character the H-55's have. Not exactly sure what Celestion was doing the last couple of years but the speaker really delivered IMHO.

Here's the video from 2015 that convinced me to try the 12H30 55HZ, you can hear that woody tone, and these speakers were right out of the box with George too.

Back