Goldfinger SL FX Loop Question

mulletmule

I just got a Goldfinger SL and I’m having volume drop issues when I use the series loop. The parallel loop I do not loose volume. Any suggestions?

Yes there is. Is your series loop a lot lower in volume down a parallel loop?

I don’t think that that gain control has a lot of volume to it does it?
OH yea lots of range and actual boost if needed. It is tube driven make sure you have the correct tube and its good in that spot...

I just got a Goldfinger SL and I’m having volume drop issues when I use the series loop. The parallel loop I do not loose volume. Any suggestions?
I called Bogner and talked to Reinhold about this same issue last month when mine arrived. He said this is normal when using the loop in series and that I should run it at line level and boost the signal coming out of my rack. He also said to max the gain pot on the loop.

After maxing that out, I just bumped up the output at the end of my axe fx chain and I was able deal with the volume drop. I was able to do the same with my pedal board by putting my Tech21 Qstrip at the end of my chain and boosting the level.

I called Bogner and talked to Reinhold about this same issue last month when mine arrived. He said this is normal when using the loop in series and that I should run it at line level and boost the signal coming out of my rack. He also said to max the gain pot on the loop.

After maxing that out, I just bumped up the output at the end of my axe fx chain and I was able deal with the volume drop. I was able to do the same with my pedal board by putting my Tech21 Qstrip at the end of my chain and boosting the level.
Thanks for the reply! I’m not especially crazy about that but I guess it is what it is. It’s a great sounding amp for sure. I wish it had an effect loop like Dave Friedman does.

Thanks for the reply! I’m not especially crazy about that but I guess it is what it is. It’s a great sounding amp for sure. I wish it had an effect loop like Dave Friedman does.
I like the sound better than the BE that I played though. It really is a swiss army knife of an amp that seems to do everything well.

I agree that I wish it was a different loop system. On the bright side, once you get the levels right I cannot detect any degredation in the tone, sustain, etc. I hammered that loop switch on and off while tweaking levels to the point I can't hear any difference. So the good news is that the loop sounds great. It's just a bit of work to get it there.

Back