Got my Friedman modded Jet City! Pics and vid within

spawnofthesith

Just got it today. I had the BE mod done, and a saturation switch added. Sounds incredible! Very well worth the money. I am also incredibly pleased with how quick I got it back. I was expecting a longish turnaround time. Well they got it thursday of last week, and it was done Friday. If you are looking for a little more out of your Jet City, I highly recommend this.

Not much to see in terms of pics, but heres the switch that was added
35140_2473876605370_1206073612_100637074_3590100_n.jpg

and here is my wall of sonic bliss :rock:
35206_2473876285362_1206073612_100637073_1157146_n.jpg

Aaand finally here is a quick video I threw together. I will do some real clips soon, in the mean time enjoy mah slopfest :LOL: :LOL:

$300 for the mod and $50 for the switch

And yeah sound quality is pretty bad on the vid. I will record up some clips tonight or tomorrow hopefully.

I was interested in doing just this (see my thread in the Friedmen forum), but this clip kinda makes me think otherwise :confused: I didn't like the tone at all. First time I've ever heard a Friendman and didn't like it. Weird..

:rock: I liked it Tom. What exactly did the mods change? Not having spent any time with the Jc, I would'nt know the difference. Did like the way it sounds. Give link to mods please so I can check it out, thanks. :)

Thanks all!

Gsxrbusa":7nfvpmeg said:
:rock: I liked it Tom. What exactly did the mods change? Not having spent any time with the Jc, I would'nt know the difference. Did like the way it sounds. Give link to mods please so I can check it out, thanks. :)

Thanks dude! The goal of the mod I guess is to make the amp more like a mini marsha I suppose, and it definitely has transformed the sound. The voicing is different and is much more marshally sounding to my ears I guess I'd put it. More gain, more of a fuller and open sound and a more pleasant midrange grind. The switch, as the name would indicate adds some saturation and gain, when you flip it on it sounds very much like how a boost might effect an amp. Its pretty cool, I am glad I decided to have that done in addition to the mod. Theres not really a specific mod detail on the site, just contact info, but here are a few of the threads that I got my info from on them before deciding to send it off
http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67691&hilit=friedman
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=69430
http://www.rig-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=71556

spawnofthesith":isiczwjj said:
Ouch :LOL: :LOL: What is exactly that you aren't liking?
I meant no offense to you sir. The playing is just fine, and its not BAD tone. It's just not something that I like.

Well I spent a huge chunk of time today putting this thing through its paces, and I am loving it! I will *try* to record some clips tomorrow, but I've got a lot going on then. But if not tomorrow, Wednesday I will post some clips up for sure

Back