Guitar volume pot acting up

So I put cts push pull pots in my Les Paul. I've always had it wired 50s style. The issue I'm having now only on on the neck pickup is when I roll my volume back to clean up I lose a good amount of tone between 80 and 60%. No issue with the bridge pickup. My question is do some pickups just act like that or did I maybe overheat a pot. I disconnected the tone pot from the circuit and got same results. I can't remember if it always sounded this way with the old pots.

Seems like the pot might have an issue....although with the pot on full, it should be okay. Can you wire in another pot to test?

On full it sounds great. Just in between 60 to 80% rolls off tone. Which is where I normally roll it to. I can get some of the tone to come back by rolling the tone knob off. But with it being 50s wiring I think I'm just getting the volume slightly lower which if I do that with the volume knob it has the same effect

I ended up putting new pots in. I made a jig and actually did a really good wiring job. Sad to say it didn't change anything. I think it's just how my neck pickup is. It loses some highs and really pushes mids at the certain range on the volume knob. But then as I get lower all the highs come back it's really strange

Back