HeadRush Gig Board

MrDowntown

if you followed closely last week, you'll remember i bought a (new to me) Strat off a buddy. B/C he "needed" the cash, i bought his guitfiddle and his headrush as a "package" deal.

anyone have any history with these things? this thing has no sustain...at all... i'm just turning it on and plugging in a marshall sim, or whatever amp... no pedals or anything. strike a cord/note and sustains for a few seconds and then it just stops. i mean stops...not fuzzes out or fades out or anything...just stops. weird AF.

is this normal? could it be i have a noise gate or some other nonsense turned on and don't realize it? i'm likely going to hit CL and/or FB marketplace with it, but before doing so, i'd at least like to know that damn thing isn't malfunctioning.

BTW: i'm ok if this is operator error (y)

Last edited:
On or set really high.

Once you figure it out at least give it a test ride for a while.
Very cool UI.

Definitely something to do with settings or noisegate clamping down on the signal. When I tried modellers, the Headrush Pedalboard sounded way better to me than the Kemper Stage and AxeFX FM3.

Definitely something to do with settings or noisegate clamping down on the signal. When I tried modellers, the Headrush Pedalboard sounded way better to me than the Kemper Stage and AxeFX FM3.

That sounded great... what were you playing it through?

yea.... Firejack has got to be "THAT GUY"...that makes all amps/amp sims/IR's/pedals/cigar-guitars/old glass jugs....etc... sound amazing. :p that did sound damn good man.

i appreciate the feedback here, i'll try to monkey with it tonight a little bit. if i can get that figured out, i may keep it afterall... some of the amp sims sound pretty good...but that noise gate thing....meh

yea.... Firejack has got to be "THAT GUY"...that makes all amps/amp sims/IR's/pedals/cigar-guitars/old glass jugs....etc... sound amazing. :p that did sound damn good man.

i appreciate the feedback here, i'll try to monkey with it tonight a little bit. if i can get that figured out, i may keep it afterall... some of the amp sims sound pretty good...but that noise gate thing....meh
Ha! Well I did fail at the Axe and Kemper units. Couldn't get anything I liked through those things. There were just way too many settings to bugger around with. The simpler layout of the Headrush was better suited to my tweaking limitations. :D

I hate all that modeling shit. I spend more time tweaking than playing. You have to deep-dive and spend hours, days, weeks, to get good tones, only to start tweaking them to see if you can get them even better. Screw that. Not for me, never will be.

I hate all that modeling shit. I spend more time tweaking than playing. You have to deep-dive and spend hours, days, weeks, to get good tones, only to start tweaking them to see if you can get them even better. Screw that. Not for me, never will be.

Not all of the units even let you deep dive. Here's all of the options you get on the Quad Cortex models
of a JTM45 and VH4.

This is a complete 180 degrees away from the Fractal ecosystem.

1.jpg

I agree...It’s a bit of a rabbit hole. Not “too much” unlike real amps though IMO...we tend to get a head or combo...love it, then flip it or dump it to try something else...all part of the fun to me. As cool as the Gig-board is...it can’t whip that EVH 5153 EL34S.

Can I run out of the gigboard, into a small power amp, out to a 212 extension cab? Is it just left output?

Can I run out of the gigboard, into a small power amp, out to a 212 extension cab? Is it just left output?

Left is usually mono. Check your presets to make sure all the FX are mono.
I don't remember if there was an easy way to do it globally with headrush.

But ya, it's basically a fancy pre-amp so crank it.

Back