Heavy reamp day: Morin Modded Marshall wins again!!! *Rev F Clip added*

VESmedic

I have a friend whose projects I have been reamping at my place recently. We have had a ton of amps over here, 15 I think. KSR's, 2 Diezels, mesa, Omega, 5150s, Friedman, 2 Driftwoods, you name it. But once again my modded Marshall just seems to come out on top for alot of projects. This or the Rev F just wins, what great amps. Anyways, I got a new hardware EQ in, and I wanted to try it out on the Morin tracks, and I was completely floored. It is the IGS 505 500 series EQ. It is an extremely clean EQ, and by the looks and sounds of it, it. appears to be a GML 8200 clone, or sontec possibly. But it is extremely powerful, and can shape a track into something it wasn't at all in the first place, absolutely floored by this EQ. I am quite sure you can do the same in the plugin world no doubt, but this is easier and faster to me often to get what I want. But I just thought I'd share little clip of a ton I got that I absolutely loved for this track. Here is the signal chain:

DI- Aristide with Fishman modern fluence
Creation Labs MW-1 DI
Peppers Dirty Tree
Morin Modded JMP 2203
Engl 4x12 Creamback 65M mic'd
unidyne SM57
IGS 505 EQ
BAE 1073 Mic Pre
Apogee Ensemble Converters

Take a listen, enjoy!

Sounds cool. Would like to hear it in a mix as well. 👍

The dirty tree is such a killer pedal. I was lucky to grab one right after he had to change the 33 label on it and called it DT. I honestly feel the dirty tree is a pedal every guitar player should own. Look how you’re using it… crazy from tuning death metal. I use it for 80’s metal. It’s just so versatile.

Sounds cool. Would like to hear it in a mix as well. 👍

The dirty tree is such a killer pedal. I was lucky to grab one right after he had to change the 33 label on it and called it DT. I honestly feel the dirty tree is a pedal every guitar player should own. Look how you’re using it… crazy from tuning death metal. I use it for 80’s metal. It’s just so versatile.

Im glad someone else said this! it is INSANELY versatile, and doesn't get near the credit for it that it deserves. You really can do so much with it because of how it shapes and hits the input of your amp in so many different ways. Just an absolutely killer pedal and a ridiculously small hit on the wallet too.

Jesus, hard to imagine that was ever a 2203 with that gain and chunk, although it has the bite. Very aggressive sounding amp.

Back