How Old are Ya Guys?

I'm so old that I've never played a computer game (I believe that's what they're called?).

I think someone's coming with my medication, got to go........

I turn 59 in a couple months. I will not acknowledge 60 or more so no matter how many more years I have left on earth this is my last birthday.

53, and i play tech metal with younger players. I only liked the guitar sounds in the 80’s. Thought they were a bunch of cheese dicks. Love classic rock and old country though. The seventies got that right. The only thing i get nostagic for is the thrash bands of the 80’s. Theres still some magic in some of those old tones.

52 and grateful for having been in my teens for the explosion of thrash and death metal. Musically the best time of my life. 🤘
Heard that. I'm 52 also, moved to Tampa in 1988. Needless to say, I was smack-dab in the middle of things to come..This was officially the death metal capital of the world. First, was Death, then Obituary, (I worked with Trevor Perez at a hose shop while he was working on Slowly We Rot. We used to go get high at lunch together).. Morbid Angel practiced next door to the band I was in at a storage facility. Iced Earth was there. Cannibal Corpse moved to Florida. Malevolent Creation. Atheist. I could go on. On top of that, bands like Coroner, Krokus, and other bands from Europe were flocking to Morris Sound to record with Scott Burns and Mark Prater. And because it blew up like it did, ALL the big names were here constantly doing shows. It was INSANE in the early 90's.

Heard that. I'm 52 also, moved to Tampa in 1988. Needless to say, I was smack-dab in the middle of things to come..This was officially the death metal capital of the world. First, was Death, then Obituary, (I worked with Trevor Perez at a hose shop while he was working on Slowly We Rot. We used to go get high at lunch together).. Morbid Angel practiced next door to the band I was in at a storage facility. Iced Earth was there. Cannibal Corpse moved to Florida. Malevolent Creation. Atheist. I could go on. On top of that, bands like Coroner, Krokus, and other bands from Europe were flocking to Morris Sound to record with Scott Burns and Mark Prater. And because it blew up like it did, ALL the big names were here constantly doing shows. It was INSANE in the early 90's.
You guys had the best music store on earth, Thorobred Music in Tampa! We used to drive down there every other month and get shit tons of gear from those guys, I had a guy there I could tell to keep his eyes peeled for a specific something and he'd call within a week or so and have me hooked up! The last time I was in there, Joe Satriani was in there trying out a bunch of stuff. I miss that place.... Good memories

You guys had the best music store on earth, Thorobred Music in Tampa! We used to drive down there every other month and get shit tons of gear from those guys, I had a guy there I could tell to keep his eyes peeled for a specific something and he'd call within a week or so and have me hooked up! The last time I was in there, Joe Satriani was in there trying out a bunch of stuff. I miss that place.... Good memories
Yeah, Elliott Rubinson owned Thoroughbred Music, who later bought Dean Guitars.

We went there every Saturday. I shit you not. It was packed, we would literally be there ALL day looking and playing. I bought a brand new Marshall VS100 for $499? I bought a brand new black Gibson Explorer for like $699. BRAND NEW. Several Charvels, the old-school shredders with the Jackson headstock. I bought Kramers, all kinds of goodies. Spent ALOT of money there, but back then, good stuff was AFFORDABLE.

Damn dude. I measure myself in experience, lessons learned, and the acquisition of profound knowledge. When I solved the great mysteries such as contacting the greys (of quadrant 84a on the universal map, 2437ly) and they explained the advanced code used (obviously we live in a matrix like simulation) to create everything we see, know, feel, and experience, I now understood that it’s unquantifiable and I will never fully understand it so I will live solely for pleasure, enjoyment, fulfillment and even the chaos that is love. Time passes way too fast, and the older you get, the faster it passes. Stress, tension, anxiety, fear, discomfort, pain, are things I don’t want and will actively avoid. Who cares what others think!! Do what you want to make yourself happy!!(within reason of course)! and don’t focus on years, and the limitations people say they place upon you! Live life!!

Guitars are profound tools of joy and fulfillment! You can never learn everything, there is always another song to write, melody to play, solo to create!!

Viva is life and guitar!

Back