How Old are Ya Guys?

47. But feel and look 35. Lol

Bro, I’m like a confused and impulsive child, have no idea what’s going on, constantly seek pleasure, fun, and happiness and will do whatever I have to to remain that way. Life is too short. It’s a miracle we were even born in the first place, the miracle of life is staggering, and I want to experience all of it. Age is a number I am not willing to let regulate my life.

the old mitts don’t stretch and dance like they used to and the r/l hand to brain coordination has slipped a few rungs but if i practice regularly i can be about 90% happy with my playing🤣

and that mean old Sammy doesn’t think i should be driving (55) 😁

Love all ages that embrace playing. I’ve mentored lot younger gen players. Passion is there. Just has to be guided little old school style. Lol

Yeah, Elliott Rubinson owned Thoroughbred Music, who later bought Dean Guitars.

We went there every Saturday. I shit you not. It was packed, we would literally be there ALL day looking and playing. I bought a brand new Marshall VS100 for $499? I bought a brand new black Gibson Explorer for like $699. BRAND NEW. Several Charvels, the old-school shredders with the Jackson headstock. I bought Kramers, all kinds of goodies. Spent ALOT of money there, but back then, good stuff was AFFORDABLE.
Im pushin mid 50s now,but around 23 or so I ordered so much stuff from thoroughbred music that they shipped it to my way out in the country house in a full semi roadway truck.it was a hoot watching that driver try to back that thing up my driveway.( ordered mesa quad,295 poweramp,2 mesa cabs,tc 2290,abacus midiboard, 8 space mesa rack,and a kramer lightning nightswan)

I remember being in high school. Me and s buddy would skip school. Spend all day going to different music stores. When we got back I would load up my Peavey backstage plus. DOD American metal pedal go to his place and we just jammed together. Neither of knew any songs. Just like intros. Haha
Think this was 1988. Really was great times.
When on our are day trip I remember listening to Cinderella Night songs thinking it was the greatest thing out then.
Haha

Yeah, Elliott Rubinson owned Thoroughbred Music, who later bought Dean Guitars.

We went there every Saturday. I shit you not. It was packed, we would literally be there ALL day looking and playing. I bought a brand new Marshall VS100 for $499? I bought a brand new black Gibson Explorer for like $699. BRAND NEW. Several Charvels, the old-school shredders with the Jackson headstock. I bought Kramers, all kinds of goodies. Spent ALOT of money there, but back then, good stuff was AFFORDABLE.
Yep, it was a different world back then..
If you had a good working relationship with those guys they would price things accordingly, they kept us going back there for a long time.
We would show up in the morning to pick up whatever we made the trek over for, but we would seldom be in there less than 5-6 hours playing anything and everything in there. Those guys were super knowledgeable about everything they had in the building, and they were very connected with people in the music world who could do anything you needed done. I ordered a JCM 900 before they were officially released (big mistake at first) and called them and said "this amp sounds like ASS" He told me to send it to this guy in cali I'd never heard of and he would make it a face melting beast.. He gave me Todd Langner's phone number and the rest was history :inlove:
I couldn't believe it was the same amp I sent him, it was the best sounding amp I'd ever heard.. 275.00 dollars :shocked:

Last edited:
Have to agree with the OP about living in nostalgia. I think it's part of human nature. I'm 41 and have already been able to say "back in my day", yikes.

Regarding music, it's hard to keep up. There's so many bands and musicians now it seems. I prefer brutal metal. Listen to lots of metal from 80s/90s like Skid Rowz GnR, to death metal, alt rock, metalcore and it's really hard to get into newer styles of metal for me.

Some of the biggest new names in metal that I've heard are Shadow of Intent, Lorna Shore, Knocked Loose, etc and I cant get into any of it.

Back