How Old are Ya Guys?

How many people here still actively seek out new music? I read as article says that the average person stops listening to new music in their early 30’s. I find it sad. It leaves success of new artists in the hands of the kids. With all the attention deficits we don’t have a chance.

I almost added that to my post above. I'm not living in nostalgia, at least completely.....still go back in the past at times. I've been into a bunch of new bands the last few years, and keep looking for new stuff. We should start a thread and recent musicians we're enjoying.

I almost added that to my post above. I'm not living in nostalgia, at least completely.....still go back in the past at times. I've been into a bunch of new bands the last few years, and keep looking for new stuff. We should start a thread and recent musicians we're enjoying.
That’s actually a great idea. I’m 45 and still looking to see if there’s any thing new. As much as I dig the classic bands I listen to there’s only so much you can listen to same album’s

I love my classic stuff too but need 'x' amount of new stuff or I get burned out. New for me would be things like:

New Slipknot
New Tool
New Mastodon
New RHCP
New 311
Tree One Four

How many people here still actively seek out new music? I read as article says that the average person stops listening to new music in their early 30’s. I find it sad. It leaves success of new artists in the hands of the kids. With all the attention deficits we don’t have a chance.
Not me. I just sit around and listen to Steely Dan and classic Black Metal and drink bourbon.

58 I played guitar during the best 10 years of music. 80-90. Then Nirvana hit and killed music.
Looks like you have some nice amps there :yes:
I'm younger than you but newer to guitar. Much newer.
I understand how you feel about Nirvana and maybe grunge in general.
Here the flip side the way I see it. Especially compared to today's popular music.
The 80's thing had kind of run its course at that point. It was in cliché mode. I didn't realize it at the time myself and was pretty devastated that all of my favorite bands (including Metallica and Megadeth to some degree) were changing or disbanding. The flip side is that grunge was at least more or less guitar forward. Grunge may have actually helped save rock and metal to some degree. Think about that for a minute.

I am 52
Grew up in the 70s and 80s
The 90s were my favorite time for music. It was an awakening for me. Also love the 2000s.
Still love all my favorite bands from the 70s and 80s.

Was reading a thread earlier. Said Lot of us live in nostalgic mind frame.
I’m 51. So yeah I’m gonna be a 70s 80s guy.
Barely know anything from the 90s on up.

Just want some feedback. Not saying nothing bad came from 90s plus.
Any one can post for sure. 4 year old child to 100 year old.

Just curious on folks ages.

Welcome Danny!

Geez mate, you're more than a spring chicken... a winter chicken maybe? :LOL:

Enjoy your youth while you can mate. :thumbsup:

Back