How to pack an amp

I always buy a home depot box and slice up a second one to double box it. I used to wrap the entire amp in giant oversized bubble wrap which worked very well. Time consuming and expensive. When I did my most recent run of clearing house I switched to the giant oversized expanding foam.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CLHY6TVS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I used 6 of these per box and it allowed it to mold to the amp very well. Takes 10 mins to do and there was no movement in the box. Not saying my way is the best way but I had good results with it and the cost of materials was lower than rolls of bubble wrap and it took less time.
Can confirm this worked extremely well as the receiver!

inkprUWGt5lg1GalrcEm94laYH0OJQqD4GrUxCEukqw-E0SdPtSpql6312Sx1dRcuLszaqCpz0M1O8B4-hx98nDmGpVu155PQA

Yea I wish the idiot who sent me the Randall RG100ES I ordered off Reverb understood this. He packed the amp literally by itself inside a cardboard box. Needless to say there were some damages to say the least.

First thing I do is put the amp head in a plastic trash bag and tape it up good to eliminate, or at least minimize, the potential for moisture nearing the chassis. When peanuts are used, it creates a barrier for those as well. Peanuts are a last resort, but have come in handy to fill spaces without adding weight. Double boxing or at least adding some extra layers of cardboard to the sides is pretty crucial for reinforcement.

I keep damn near all of the packing material that comes through my house or business. I haven't needed to purchase anything other than box tape for a very long time.

I take pride in my packing jobs. Quality packing is the best to eliminate a potential troublesome and irritating variable.

Back