I have to say, there are very few amps that cure the constant search...

lessarti

I have to admit, ever since I have gotten my MC II, I've unloaded gear. Do I still look for deals ?, Yes I do, and am always curious. But that "yearning" for something else cool or whatever is completely gone. Literally rocking the MC II, and a Mesa JP2C for the lower mid spikey "C+" tones etc.

I don't really crave anything marshall upper mid wise in sound, the Wizard does it all for me.

I actually am finding myself looking at possibly snagging one really nice guitar and shifting ... anyone else do this as well?

Yeah. I was looking for a vintage marshall for a bit. And then i played a few. Then I heard a guy play my amp that plays more classic rock. I will be damned if my amp didn't marshall 10x better than a fucking marshall. I guess i just needed to play simple little acoustic chords. Lmao.

saxxamafone

My MTL and early Uber do that for me.

there was something about the MLT just not right to me.. sounded a bit dead and wasn't quite in your face enough... changed pre amp tubes and WOW.. there it was 👍

alund

I piddled for years; this and that; good amps but never pulled the trigger… finally I think I found the perfect sound (for me:) I finally said: I’m buying it. SLO 100 as dry and axe FX/Mesa stereo power amp… I now find myself playing for hours now where as I used to not play much at all.. there is something to my sound/tone/feel? That pushes me to do more. I still look. That damn charvel guitar that went for nothing earlier today; I needed that like a hole in my head but…. It’s worth looking at. I guess. Do I need a Caswell/soldano? Yeah. Why? I want one. Will it be better than I have now? Idk. Keep searching or you become stagnant.

NVicious

I had that with my VH4 and BE100 Deluxe, only thing i'd still like to add is a wizard, either MCii or MTL

tlp1234

I don't really crave anything marshall upper mid wise in sound, the Wizard does it all for me.
I felt that way about all mine (Wizards) when I first got them. I mostly still do.

BUT........time and experience has imparted a certain wisdom to know there are other different, unique, and (useful to me) tones that only other amps will give me.

Which is why I hang onto my vintage Mesas, my Matchless, vintage SLO's, and finally my Friedmans.

They are all unique and great in their own special ways.

So I keep all of them.

Clp45

I would say my MC I has become a gateway drug. I only own two amps this and a JCM 800 4104 combo and I was completely done until all of a sudden Rick started having new models pop up that I now wanted to try. Now I am hunting a used W800 el34 100 watt.