I see a lot of new faces here

I see a lot of new faces here. Just wondering why?

Dudes with 10 - 200 posts that I just don't recognize. Curious if you dudes are posting more on R-T because TGP is lame? Is it because you feel like you can express yourself better here without backlash? Is it because you dudes are just trying to get to 50 posts so you can B/S/T? Are you dudes just getting back into guitar again after a break?

Just curious.

I mean if you are, then welcome to R-T. :yes: Post up. Tell us your story. Most of us regulars really like this place and we pretty much all get along real well, even when we disagree. We have very little spam/trolling as well. We have kick ass Mods too - which helps. Carry on.
Aloha, Long time... Hope all has been well with everyone. I got perma-banned from TGP YEARS and YEARS ago, and never went back. I haven't posted much the last few years.

Glad to see some of the original crew are still posting

Another new guy here. Joined RT due to a recommendation from an existing member who I recently met when I sold a pedal to him (hi Chris, if you are reading this, hope that pedal is working out for you!). Been dabbling with guitar for the best part of 35 years on & off, latest direction is with a new Headrush pedalboard setup which seems ideal for my play-along-at-home-while-I-try-to-re-learn-everything-I-forgot mode I currently find myself in. Also have a pretty bad PRS habit.

I'm only here because they let me say "fuck" when it is fucking necessary.
I can’t believe you said fuck. Can you say fuck? Can I say fuck? Can we only say it when necessary? How about when fuck isn’t necessary, but you just want to say it? Fuck man…..

I just joined the forum and first thing I noticed is the interaction that goes on within members, I'm not much of a texting person so I just read other peoples post. But not being able to participate in the buy and sell section is something else, not a bad one as the Mod is doing a great job.

I just joined the forum and first thing I noticed is the interaction that goes on within members, I'm not much of a texting person so I just read other peoples post. But not being able to participate in the buy and sell section is something else, not a bad one as the Mod is doing a great job.

Welcome :cheers:

you'll get there...what is your favorite topic?

But not being able to participate in the buy and sell section is something else, not a bad one as the Mod is doing a great job.
The barrier to entry there does seem somewhat excessive/heavy-handed, but I suppose for the long-timers its a non-issue so their interests are more aligned to safeguarding the B&S experience for their cohort (which is their prerogative).

The barrier to entry there does seem somewhat excessive/heavy-handed, but I suppose for the long-timers its a non-issue so their interests are more aligned to safeguarding the B&S experience for their cohort (which is their prerogative).
No, it’s for your own safety. The forum has had a lot of hacked accounts and actual crime related online thefts to occur. You also honestly think anyone would risk buying or selling to a new user they don’t know in the classifieds? Also remember you don’t pay a dime for access to the classifieds, it’s mostly to make sure people aren’t scammers or someone that will make a sale hell just because they can since they have posts they can review ahead of time.

But I’ll also add this. Be glad it’s only 50. I as well as a few others personally wanted it to be a minimum of 100.

No, it’s for your own safety. The forum has had a lot of hacked accounts and actual crime related online thefts to occur. You also honestly think anyone would risk buying or selling to a new user they don’t know in the classifieds? Also remember you don’t pay a dime for access to the classifieds, it’s mostly to make sure people aren’t scammers or someone that will make a sale hell just because they can since they have posts they can review ahead of time.

But I’ll also add this. Be glad it’s only 50. I as well as a few others personally wanted it to be a minimum of 100.
Well done on hitting so many forum clichés in a single post; I appreciate you taking the time to craft such a funny response.

Well done on hitting so many forum clichés in a single post; I appreciate you taking the time to craft such a funny response.
Keep on posting shit posts because you’ll find out why the limit exists the hard way. Not a soul will want to deal with your bull. If you haven’t read this topic, you’re one of thousands joining for the classifieds. Sellers can certainly pick and choose who they want.

... as do we your taking the time to craft such a snarky response. Always a great idea for new members to take this approach.

The dude was only trying to help and it was an informative post. I know what... I'll thank him:
Thank you, glpg80. :cheers:

Back