I see a lot of new faces here

I'm not much of a forum user, and honestly i joined this one and TGP for the classifieds. But i've been interacting here a little more lately and it seems way more chill than TGP. Also seems this forum has more metal/heavy rock oriented players, and I'm all about that. I'm a member of another forum but I'm basically there because a friend runs it. But that one was very useful to me when i first started looking into Les Paul's. That one is also fairly chill. Between that one and this one, I feel more comfortable interacting on these two than on TGP.

Also I’m an OG from HCAF, but under a different name. I assume many of you were there in the late 90s early 2000s? I was super young at the time obviously but learned a ton back then… mostly about what was wrong gaha!

I beleedat brother.

It's lifted me in dark times too man. Can be hugely-entermataining - OTC info and shenanigans, epic threads like Larry, Cameron et al, new-album heads-ups, tips, insights and of course the great senses of humour members have.

I beleedat brother.

It's lifted me in dark times too man. Can be hugely-entermataining - OTC info and shenanigans, epic threads like Larry, Cameron et al, new-album heads-ups, tips, insights and of course the great senses of humour members have.
Ya it did help a lot . I spent hours on here lol . And thank you !

Brand new here myself, specifically joined after stumbling upon a WTB ad that I could fulfill, though my understanding is that I won't have sufficient permissions initially to reply by post or private message, until I've spent some time here and contributed to the forum. Haven't been playing much in recent years, so figured it's time to finally let go of some gear that's going unused, but maybe it's a good opportunity to catch up and find some renewed inspiration.

I've always stopped by here when doing research or looking for some gear review/comparisons but never joined until recently. I was semi active at TGP and TB. Before that I used to be more active over on Jemsite, but that place has died down considerably. I'm not big on being part of a bunch of different forums and groups so those 2 were enough. I'm still at TB and now here.

I mostly dropped TGP and migrated here. I got tired of all the blues lawyers' snobbery and being crapped on because I like hard rock and higher gain stuff. The uptight mods weren't helping things either. Decided to finally join here since you all appeared to be a more diverse and open minded group than the other place. It has been much more pleasurable interacting with everyone here and the mods are much more laid back.

I also like that there's enough weird ass goofballs here that get my messed up sense of humor. LOL

Believe I joined back in 2017 when I got back into guitar after 20+ yr hiatus.

Played midde school thru high school in 80s. Life took different turn and played occasionally on an 80s Kramer focus and a line 6 something or other during that hiatus.

Wife got me back into it and have been playing and collecting since. Let's me keep a nice collection of gear around and tells me not to sell when I want something new.
She's pretty much the only one I play for.
Tough finding guys to jam with on 80s metal in South Miami.
Tough finding people to speak English actually.

Been around a while but I don't post much. No real reason other than I'm a Britbonger, and this forum is mostly United States of Freedom, and I was on other forums primarily until I offended everyone and got kicked off. Oopsie.

Good thinking mate, and welcome! :rock:
Apologies if this isn't the right place to ask, but tried looking for a posting of general forum rules, and searching for the specific topic after not finding general forum rules or a direct answer in the classified rules, but is the ability to private message subject to the same posting quota as classified posting permissions? Only asking since I have a somewhat uncommon guitar an established member posted a WTB ad for, and I'd love to let him know about it. Don't want to post to him publicly in another thread before checking, as on the face of it, that would seem to break the spirit of the classified permission rules.

I'm not much of a forum user, and honestly i joined this one and TGP for the classifieds. But i've been interacting here a little more lately and it seems way more chill than TGP. Also seems this forum has more metal/heavy rock oriented players, and I'm all about that. I'm a member of another forum but I'm basically there because a friend runs it. But that one was very useful to me when i first started looking into Les Paul's. That one is also fairly chill. Between that one and this one, I feel more comfortable interacting on these two than on TGP.

I've lurked for a while, just picking stuff up from the lots of knowledgable members here. I read TGP too, but I like it here :)

Brand new here myself, specifically joined after stumbling upon a WTB ad that I could fulfill, though my understanding is that I won't have sufficient permissions initially to reply by post or private message, until I've spent some time here and contributed to the forum. Haven't been playing much in recent years, so figured it's time to finally let go of some gear that's going unused, but maybe it's a good opportunity to catch up and find some renewed inspiration.

Welcome to Rig-Talk duders :cheers:

I was day one because I was OG HC and homies with Thump (still my homie), I forget what happened to my og account but it got deleted at some point. I was off forums for a couple years in the late 00's and joined back. This is the only guitar forum I visit because it has the perfect blend of knowledge and people who know how to take a joke. While I don't play 80's stuff at all, I learned a hell of a lot from 80's guitarists tone tips and then subtracted chorus, insane reverb and delay and found out they had it right.

Back