IE4

guitarslinger

Wow, so, yeah, I used it at a LOUD, instrumental, post rock, stoner type rehearsal last night. Just clean channel with muff pedals into it.

I'm ALWAYS blown away by the IE4 when I come back to it.

I'm pretty convinced, it might be the best overall preamp ever made.

+1

The IE-4 is a killer preamp. I almost sold mine when I got my M4, but I'm really glad I kept it. I love the modular concept of the M4, but in terms of the complexity of the tones and dynamic feel of the preamp, the IE-4 is noticeably better to me than the M4. I've decided to keep my M4 and use it mainly for recording. For live use, it's the IE-4 all the way!

I had one years ago and would really love to pic another one up. Absolutley right about the tonal complexity. I should of jumped on the one Hilligan had a while ago :cry:

muudrock":34zc5hdh said:
I had one years ago and would really love to pic another one up. Absolutley right about the tonal complexity. I should of jumped on the one Hilligan had a while ago :cry:

I was thinking the same thing the other night, while going to sleep, where I solve all my tonal issues of the day. I miss my IE4 too. what do they go for these days? Anyone seen any lately?

3 Mile Stone":30s0cbkb said:
what do they go for these days? Anyone seen any lately?

There was a guy selling one in the Classifieds this past week - might still be available. I think his handle was 'BackCrack', or something like that.....

Back