Import stopbar/tom setup dimensions

Matt300ZXT

I asked this over on TGP and got practically no useful help (what else is new). I have a CMG Ashlee (Les Paul style guitar) with the typical bridge setup. The builder said according to my serial # that would have been made when they were using Mighty Mite bridges, so 99% probability that I'd need an import dimension setup if I wanted to upgrade it. He said practically any bridge would go on, but from what I've seen, not without some work. Anywho, is using a ruler accurate enough to measure to make sure I get a proper spec bridge or do I need something more precise so I don't order the wrong size and have to try it 2 or 3 times?

You need a digital micrometer (like this) for this type of work.

Before I order any part for an amp build, guitar, etc.. I make sure I know the dimensions/size of what I'm looking for.

teyIpk4.jpg

I heard back from the owner of the company, 2.9" on center, or 73.6 or whatever mm so it should be a 74mm setup. I'll probably still get a digital caliper.

What's a good aftermarket brass bridge you guys like? I love the brass nut and compensated saddles in this Tele so I want brass in the Paul. Also may get a compensated brass nut if there's anyone local who can install them.

Back