In Ear Monitor recommendations?

Sennhieser are always top of the list for this although there price reflects this. I think they’re up to the g4 now but if you can find a used g3 that will be a very good starting point. I use an audio technica m2/m3 which has been reliable and with a good set of phones sounds pretty good, only a slight hint of compression. IMO I would look to the secondhand market to save some dough that you can spend on some good in ears as that will make a bigger difference.

I've been using Shure wireless in one band, and a Rolls unit for wired in my other. Wired is quick and simple, and i don't need wireless in that band. I haven't tried any other wireless stuff, but it's been working fine for me.

I will say this though:
Mono in ears is just as lame as listening to an album in mono. Being able to pan instruments in your mix makes a huge difference in being able to hear things. Creating a stereo image is great for IEMs.

I've been really happy with my Shure PSM 300 setup. I did splurge on custom IEMs from Alclair about two years ago. BIG difference from universals.

Back