Introducing Headfirst Amplification

Thanks, awesome to get our own sub-forum!

My story: I've always tinkered with gear. I studied Physics (electronics and digital tech) at university so I guess have always had a reasonable working knowledge of how gear works. However, it wasn't until around 10 years ago that I got the urge to start modding tube amps - my own at first...following some rudimentary guides online. This led to building a couple of amps from kits, then progressing into my first scratch build where I sourced all the parts myself: I built a Dirty Shirley clone by reverse engineering the circuit from gut shots I found all over the Internet. The results were stunning, I was hooked!

Wanting to progress into more complex channel switching builds, I quickly realised that you really needed a good PCB for the amps backbone. This is where I guess the intersection of my interests and skills happened - guitar, tone & engineering. After a couple of tips from a mentor friend, I taught myself PCB design and we were up and running. Fast forward to today and we are,
- Building and selling our own production amps, the Alta and occasionally other custom builds like the Evil Joe. More products to come
- Lots and lots of mods
- Restoration. I don't do general repairs, but I will take a vintage amp in for some TLC
- The YouTube channel, focussed largely on tube amp education
- PCB supply to the DIY worldwide community. Will be re-branding this shortly to separate it away from our production amp brand
- PCB design for other amp companies. Some already known (Monomyth & GroundZero), others for brands that can't yet be disclosed...

I'll use the sub-forum to post info, updates and stuff - hopefully some of it interesting! ...and if you have any questions, or comments, feel free to post!

Jason

Mark 2c+ when?

090B0738-80D1-4F33-84FA-A3F5B05EA6D4.jpeg

Congrats with you own thread Jason! Wish you all the best! 🤘🏻

Hello, VERY infrequent poster here.
Just want to say, love watching your videos. Very informative and great playing.
Your mods sound great.

Back