Investment guitars? (under $2500?)

BARHOPPER

Anybody think that they might have a clue as to which, if any, guitars priced around $2500, will become collectors. I tend to think not many will unless a manufacturer itself decides to set it up that way. I mean sure, some $10,000 Custom jobs will be rare, but as far as production models in the 2-3 thousand dollar range go, Gibson or Fender, or whoever, would have to purposely limit the run of the model all of a sudden. Examples, if Fender stopped production of the SRV Strat or Eric Johnson Strat after only one year, it would almost guarantee the prices to rise in years to come. So, I guess my question is.. Does anyone THINK they know which ones might. Sure it's only going to be an educated guess, because if somebody KNEW then I suppose they wouldn't tell and would be buying a few up.

You can try to get artists models... But 99% of them are way too much $ for what you get. So it's a gamble.

I'm not necessarily asking if anyone has some insider information, just wondering what peoples best guesses would be.

I would guess the Jackson Y2KV (Mustaine Signiture) might be worth looking into. I think they could become pretty collectable, i dont think that many were made

BARHOPPER":da7eb said:
I'm not necessarily asking if anyone has some insider information, just wondering what peoples best guesses would be.

Best avatar ever!!!!!!!!!!!! :hys:

Well, I'm not looking myself, I just thought that it would be interesting to see which ones people would tend to believe might appreciate over time. I guess I'd tend to go with the belief that certain signature models would, with a couple of guesses being the Eric Johnson Strat, and possibly the Angus Young SG. That is if they don't continue to offer them for 15 years or more like they are doing with the SRV Strat.

I don't think that Sig guitars are the place to look. I think up and coming companys are where it's at. Look for realy realy well built guitars that are very fairly priced. Wait for the company to rocket and for them to drop their standards and then you have one of the early models. Kinda like Kramer's.

Hopefully, this will be a collector. IMO, the 20th Silo has all the attributes that make a great and collectible guitar. Most notably, there will probably only be a couple hundred produced and it has a unique construction method.

20th_ann_flyr.jpg

I don't think you can necessarily count on anything new rising much in value. Maybe pick up a couple of '70s strats. Prices on those seem to be heading to insane-o-land.

melody makers
RDs
Juniors
Japanese and 70's american strats
old gibson acoustics.
It's a wonderful world of guitars out there!
and I love it so

What pop.n. fresh said reminds me of REVEREND guitars.
their eastpoint michigan guitars are rare now.

Someone should stard a thread like this in the amp forum

Back