Is entering a yellow light illegal?

I think it depends on your local laws. When I was much younger the law said that you could not be in the intersection when the light turned red. Not even the rear of your car, or you *could* be sited. Apparently the law now is that if you enter the intersection *before* it's red, you're clear. :?

As far as I read, my laws state you can't enter the intersection if it's red. It says nothing about yellow. It's been a couple years since I read that, though.

I'm just citing another case of cop douchebaggery. No offense to the LEO here(kind of).
My fiance just got her first ticket (she's 24) because of this loser. He was excited when he found out she never had a ticket. You could see it in his face.

I don't know about TN, but here in Missouri, you're safe as long as your front tires cross over the white stripe entering the intersection before the light turns red.

The bad part is that regardless of where you actually were, it's your word against his and in court, they like to take his side. :x

I got a ticket Saturday night for not coming to a complete stop at a stop sign Saturday night. The cop that pulled me over was an asshole. Usually State Patrol are really good to deal with, but this guy was a prick.

That's why she has to bend over and take it. I cringe whenever I see cops. Not that I'm scared of them or did anything wrong. It's because they have the power to screw me over. This is just another example for me.
There's nothing she can do about it!

That's what I remember reading.
Why can't these guys find a profession that suits their personalities of one NOT in any type of power?

Oh well, I'm done.

Dunno bout the states you guys live in, but I could tell you EVERY freaking law for the road in Illinois. I drive a school bus, so I have to be on top of that stuff...not to mention I'm an aspiring cop as well

Entering an intersection on a yellow here isnt illegal, and most cops go by the rear bumper. If you r rear bumper isnt in the intersection when it goes red, they'll usually cite you.

And YES FOR THE LOVE OF GOD it is illegal to change lanes, merge or turn without signaling, and this is my biggest pet peeve. I get cut off allll day long, and something as simply as reaching up slightly and flicking the lever with a finger could save a lot of stress, especially on us bus drivers with 60 lives in our hands all day. I dont understand why it's so hard to turn the signal on....it takes no energy or thought!

Get this. This cock sucker's name is officer Randall
Kind of ruins it for me :(.

Attachments

• DSC03069 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03069 (Medium).JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 1,312
despite their douchebaggery, you should remain calm when pulled over. you never know how itchy the trigger finger is.

i love it when cops pull up to a semi-crowded intersection, flip on their lights, drive through the red light, turn off the lights, and then continue on in no hurry (all in an effort to avoid having to wait).
:bsflag:

With Arizona laws, and probably common sense, if you're in the intersection and it turns yellow- go.. But if you're before it, unless like 100 feet or closer or so, stop.

Zach

>|<>QBB<
Gitfiddler":96395 said:
i love it when cops pull up to a semi-crowded intersection, flip on their lights, drive through the red light, turn off the lights, and then continue on in no hurry (all in an effort to avoid having to wait).
:bsflag:

Think of it as their reward for putting up with the BS that they do. Think about it...the average joe puts up with a dickhead cop a few times in their lives maybe? Cops deal with the ass-crust of society all day every day. What kind of mood would you be in if that was you? Not to be an ass-kisser, and I'm no fan of ticky-tack traffic tickets, but in general I always give LE the benefit of the doubt. They've earned it, IMO.

>|<>QBB<
ratter":86867 said:
>|<>QBB<

Think of it as their reward for putting up with the BS that they do. Think about it...the average joe puts up with a dickhead cop a few times in their lives maybe? Cops deal with the ass-crust of society all day every day. What kind of mood would you be in if that was you? Not to be an ass-kisser, and I'm no fan of ticky-tack traffic tickets, but in general I always give LE the benefit of the doubt. They've earned it, IMO.

+1, and just because they arent speeding, doesn't mean there isnt a hurry, or an emergency. Officers have to be able to justify why they blow through traffic at twice the speed limit...Of course, this doesnt mean this is true all the time.

>|<>QBB<
ratter":5ec31 said:
>|<>QBB<

I agree to a point. When I'm pulled over, I'm polite, accomodating, keep my hands on the steering wheel in plain view etc, but last Saturday when I got stopped, the guy was a complete ASSHOLE from the beginning. I tried being polite, I tried being nice, and he only got worse. There's NO reason or excuse for that shit. It's part of the job to deal with people, and they know that going in. Treating people like shit because they had a bad day is retarded.

That said, other than the guy last Sat. and a few others, all of the State Patrol I've dealt with have been good to deal with, and very curteous.

City cops on the other hand.... :roll:

For some reason, state cops are just nicer. I had a state cop thank me for giving him something to do, and not in a sarcastic asshole way. I was confused...and I never even got the ticket.

i'm a little angry towards the men in blue. i guess i should only be angry towards one. I got a ticket for going 51 in a 45. It was part of a speed trap and i was about 1 of 12 cars. I didn't think i was speeding and didn't know what the hell was going on with all the cars parked on the side of the road. I'm driving along and officer douche is standing in the middle of the road. As i near him, he starts pointing me to the side. I thought they were was an accident and they were stopping traffic. He comes up to my window and leans in to the point where he crossed into the proverbial "personal space." He's barking at me telling me I was speeding. He spit as he had his teeth clinched, huffed and puffed, and acted as if he just caught me fucking his wife. WTF? I gave him no attitude or resistance. I understand that they deal with the crust of society, but when I act as Marshall Freak described, be happy Mr. Copper.

I may riot next time :fire:

At least they have the decency to pull you over themselves down there. Here, they just put a camera on the side of the road and send you a nice bill in the mail.

I got a ticket from a FISH cop about a year and a half ago. I was going to a coworkers place to do a hockey pool draft, and he lives in a new suburban neighborhood where they figured it would be great to name EVERY street the same in the neighborhood (I just remembered they're all Evergreen... I wonder if there's a 742 Evergreen Terrace :LOL:), and just change the street type. So it's dusk and I'm craning my neck trying to read the last two freakin letters on the street sign and I blew a 4-way stop... which the fish cop was sitting at. The road I was on was a 4 lane, 70 km/h zone, so I went up to the next intersection a couple of hundred yards down the street... this guy was RIGHT on my ass, as if I couldn't see his fuckin' F-150 with brights on and red & blues going (and it's not illegal to drive to a safe(r) place before pulling over) :? So I pulled over and he strutted over like some tough guy and got in my face. I shoulda pulled over right away so he got run over by the next yahoo to go by.... and to top it off, it took him about 25 minutes to write the freaking ticket.

Also, traffic cops don't deal with the crust of society... they just collect taxes.

Back