It’s time to upgrade the board

I know; I saw that. :LOL:

C'mon buddy, just one more post! If you can't think of anything to say just post a "-" here in a thread that won't be viewed by many. :confused:

No dice! Might not be an instant thing, I’ll give it a bit.

*edit* a few minutes later and we’re back in action! Glad I was so close to the limit to begin with.

That said, while I supporting a minimum post limit for starting new classified threads, I think restricting PMs is more heavy handed than is warranted.

Last edited:
Glad it all worked out DSS3 :cheers:

Can't say I disagree with you necessarily, but we have seen first hand how bots and scammers can abuse the system and trick people. But yeah, I think 10 or maybe 20 posts would be enough. At that point, it is incumbent upon the seller to make sure they are dealing with a real straight up normal human being gear nerd and not a scammer.

For me, Dark Mode went Black today.

Is this part of a permanent future plan? Is just me?

I prefer the dark grey background we had :dunno:

For me, Dark Mode went Black today.

Is this part of a permanent future plan? Is just me?

I prefer the dark grey background we had :dunno:
We just did an update of the site’a layout. Please fully reload the page using ctrl-F5 on windows or cmd-r on Mac OS

311's right, Nico.

Dark mode switched from a tasteful grey-blue to black for me too (Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra).

Reloading pages makes no difference.
Re-selecting Dark Mode makes no difference.

My preferred, "old" Dark Mode for future reference:

Screen Shot 2021-01-26 at 12.25.15 pm.jpg

I agree, there is too contrast with the text and background in the new dark mode... i can keep reading even with closed eyes :D

I updated my thread from way back requesting a dark mode to say that I'm now used to the new black one.

The dark-blue/grey one Nico created as a fill-in might technically be better for our eyes 'cause it took zero time to get used to, but hey, I'll take this black mode over anything "glarey" any day of the week.

I'm really missing the dark blue grey. The white 'bold' text against the black background is almost worse. I may have to switch back to default white background.

I hear you bro'; that's what I was getting at.

The white text is still a bit glarey for me but as I said, I'll take it over a white-ish background any day.

I'm willing to bet that the shock your eyes'll receive when you switch to a light mode might put this particular theme in... wait for it... a better light. :LOL:

I'll see myself out. :confused::dunno:

I hear you bro'; that's what I was getting at.

The white text is still a bit glarey for me but as I said, I'll take it over a white-ish background any day.

I'm willing to bet that the shock your eyes'll receive when you switch to a light mode might put this particular theme in... wait for it... a better light. :LOL:

I'll see myself out. :confused::dunno:
MM - I've already done that a couple of times now and I hate to say it but old whitey is starting to feel like home :LOL:

Like and old man easing into a hot bath.

D'Oh! :LOL:

The fact that the glare is only "pinpoints" with the white text makes it much-easier to handle for me than the "white-everywhere" thing.

If you can handle it 'though, more power to ya brother. I'll still love ya in the mornin'. :LOL: :cheers2:

Back