Jackson PC-1 guitar problems anybody know good guitar tech?

jasonP

So a friend brought over a guitar and amp.. and actually a DSL I modded for him. He said that it was to warm sounding and basically wanted more bite to the sound. So I plug into his amp with my guitar and the thing was just ripping. (Thanks again Mike Fortin for the tips)

He then plugged into the amp with his guitar and it was really muffed sounding and not bright at all.. Almost as if the tone was rolled all the way back and 3/4's the drive this Aldrich pickup should have.

After fucking with the guitar for a good day, I've found that if I wire the Aldrich bridge pickup directly to the volume pot while the sustainer circuit is in parallel to the pot (it's the out to the volume pot and in to the board) that I get this muddy, muffled type sound, when I un-plug the connector in parallel the guitar gets much brighter and has more drive. It's like the board is placing a load on the circuit even when the pickup isn't routed through the board.. I don't get it, seems like the board is the problem or maybe it's just in that design...

Another thing I found was that when I turn the sustainer on I'm finding the tone gets brigher and has more drive much like when I disconnect the board from the volume pot.

Anybody know of someone that has done work on these guitars?

Thanks you guys!

Something must be off in the wiring, because I had one ( until the Sustainer 'crapped' ) and I had a local guitar tech change out he DiMarzio for an Aldrich .... It worked just fine !

rokker":14che8b1 said:
If you don't mind shipping it you can send it to Jerry at Luxxtone. He can fix it for sure.

Agree ^ Jerry at Luxxtone is awesome! I have worked with him a few times in the past.

Back