JCM800 style dirt pedals

the rossness

I'm looking to add a new dirt box to my bag of tricks. I think I want something that's a JCM800/ Splawn-ish amp-in-a-box style pedal. What are your recommendations? TIA.

Peace~

I really dig my Keeley El Rey Dorado but I think it is based on Robert's own Maeshall Plexi. Could be an 800 though. I've heard great things about the Friedman Smallbox too.

For an actual 800? The pedal pal 800. For an idealized/modded 800? Lawrence Petross 87.

Both are 800 based and insanely good

Wilson Sparkling Blue is a cool one, Bogner La Grange was a great pedal. The world is your oyster.

Two pedals I'd really like to try myself. Leaning towards the LP EightySeven. They also make a deluxe version.

Honestly everything Lawrence Petross makes is absolutely mind-blowing. I own like 5 of them. The eighty 7 is so slick sounding I know people who use it as a preamp into an IR for recording, and into powerstages and stuff.

I also own his dutch, the sixty 8, the tidal, and the saguaro. He's an incredibly underrated pedal maker, and a great guy to boot.

I bought my sixty 8 used, and the soft switch was wonky, and he fixed it for the cost of shipping.

Back