• Eagle's Claw Only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monkey Grip Only

• Standard RG For Me Please

• Total voters

Code001

Do you like them, dislike them or prefer one to the other? I think the lion's claw cutout looks cool, but it seems incomplete without the monkey grip.

Vote n00blets! 8)

what the fukk is an eagle's claw...other than a way for an old kung-fu master to beat down a stupid blonde american bitch. :D

j666":1bc5a said:
what the fukk is an eagle's claw...other than a way for an old kung-fu master to beat down a stupid blonde american bitch. :D
+1 I have no idea - what is a lion's claw?

I had a Jem and as much as I hated the look of the grip I think all guitars should have them. It made it so easy to carry, hold & clean, and move around.

The "Lion's Claw" is the sculpted cavity on the top of the body into which the floating trem is recessed. Many guitars have this, but the cavity is simply that...on the JEM, it has six tunnels, or gulleys or whatever to match the strings...purely a cosmetic addition IMO that sort of looks like it was "clawed" out.

Now, on the JEM 7VWH this area is painted white, like the rest of the body. I believe on some, it might be a contrasting color.

Despite the fact that it looks kind of odd (and unique) I like the "grip" on my 7VWH. Its an easy to carry the guitar (clearly, you look cool while doing this :wink: ) and also it provides a place to hold and brace the body when you're plugging the guitar in...the input jack is located in a cut-out cavity on the side...different than most any other guitar, and at least on mine its a tight fit so the grip helps relieve strain that would otherwise be placed on the strap locks.

Rayneman":d0e87 said:
The "Lion's Claw" is the sculpted cavity on the top of the body into which the floating trem is recessed. Many guitars have this, but the cavity is simply that...on the JEM, it has six tunnels, or gulleys or whatever to match the strings...purely a cosmetic addition IMO that sort of looks like it was "clawed" out.

Now, on the JEM 7VWH this area is painted white, like the rest of the body. I believe on some, it might be a contrasting color.
Now I know what you're talking about and I loved that claw on the jem. It made it that much easier to block the trem while changing strings.

JEM7VWH.jpg

Handle = Monkey Grip

Trem Cutout = Eagle's Claw

lion's claw only if i had my choice

the monkey grip is something i've never been crazy about the look of, and surely it can't do anything good for the tone (not saying that they don't sound good by any means)

i've always wanted a singlecut jem (like a hartfield sort of shape) w/ an iceman head, monkey grip and lions claw of course...
but i never liked ibanez enough to pursue that.

Back