Just found out something cool from Alan!!

procos

I traded for a used OD2 50 watt EL34 amp about 2 months ago. I had the amp for a few weeks but it was making a real bad static noise and the faceplate got cracked in shipping. I talked with Alan and he told me to send it in to have him fix it up. Once Alan got it he notified me that he made a few changes to the amp. First off he said it was a pretty early one and was a high gain version not the standard version. He also said that it had the mid boost instead of the gain boost which is standard now on the EL34 OD2's. So Alan took the circuit back to a standard gain level OD2 and changed the boost from the mid boost to the gain boost. That way I have the standard version OD2 and with the gain boost it can get back to the gain levels that the amp was before. He said he changed a few components so that my amp is the newest version. He also retubed the whole amp. New power and preamp tubes. Now for the cool part. Alan told me he let Johnny A borrow it this past weekend for a show with a few members of Aerosmith and Boston. He said Johnny A and Brad from Aerosmith thought the amp was absolutely killer. Alan said that Johnny has a 6L6 100 watt OD2 on order but that he loved my EL34 50 watter so much that he also ordered the same amp as mine. I thought that was really cool that not only did Johnny A play my actually amp but that he liked it so much he ordered himself one as well. Amp should be here on Wednesday and I can't wait.

Chuck

Cool news Chuck. I just ended up with an EL34 / OD2 50 as well. May need to get it back to Alan for the gain boost mod. Amp is insane as it is so may not be needed and Alan is a pretty good dude to deal with.

Back