Just some Metallica madness, down picking.....

peterc52

check out this video.

Insane downpicking!

They play a 2 hour set on 1,5 hour

Skærmbillede 2021-08-24 kl. 12.36.46.png

MASTERS!!!

Battery and Fight Fire With Fire downpicking? I wanna see that :D

Insane though, funnily enough I have problems with the fast part of Sanitarium. Can't get it to sound "constant".

Battery and Fight Fire With Fire downpicking? I wanna see that :D

Insane though, funnily enough I have problems with the fast part of Sanitarium. Can't get it to sound "constant".
Obviously not. But all the parts he normally down pick. He still does at that speed.

No reason to play that fast. They aren’t exactly the tightest live band to begin with
I found that when playing live this just happens without much conscious thought. I doubt they're thinking "lets speed this up by 21%" but live energy from a great crowd and some Peruvian marching powder is sure to bump the tempos a bit

While I think it does sound better closer to normal speed there’s just something that’s get me PUMPED watching this! Like I feel the energy going on.

I found that when playing live this just happens without much conscious thought. I doubt they're thinking "lets speed this up by 21%" but live energy from a great crowd and some Peruvian marching powder is sure to bump the tempos a bit

yes unfortunately im highly experienced in that area, i even had a special glance i used to give drummers during the second verse when things were out of control and to slow the fuck down, it looked something like this

nefR1Jh.jpg

Last edited:
Drummer usually sets the tempo. Is it intentional tho?

In a recent interview (Metheny?) there was a quote; "I don't care who's name is on the marquis, the drummer is the leader."

Last edited:
Very cool! My arm is sore just watching that lol! Years of touring and playing fast every night, I'm sure you build up the endurance.

I know the lore about what MoP was recorded with, but I wonder what amps the used on tour?

Ok....about to go full retard.

I have been listening to metallica tunes on YouTube for a few weeks now....sped up to 1.25
So much more bad ass.
Even had juggy Mike try to rip them onto a CD for me like that. No joy.
Tried it with slayer and exodus...still cool but not as tight.
Its Metallica's tone that makes the picking still sound tight when sped up.
Just go listen to Damage Inc sped up to 1.25 and tell me it's not total boner material.
The bridge section before the lead makes me loose my mind!
And for the Kirk haters,even his solo finally sounds impressive!!
Granted,both mike and myself think it would be better at around 1.20 instead of 1.25.

Even had juggy Mike try to rip them onto a CD for me like that. No joy.

Just go listen to Damage Inc sped up to 1.25 and tell me it's not total boner material.
Checking out Damage inc at 125%. A bit too fast for me but the picking clarity is intact still like you said.
115% sounds good to me, can still play along too :D

If you load the albums into reaper you should be able to bounce them at an increased playback rate without changing the pitch and then rip that to CD

Back