Kramer Nightswan's

JackBootedThug

MURDERATOR
Have a few questions for anybody that has ever rocked one. 1) Why two jb's and do they work? 2) how's the 24.75" scale? 3) overall opinion on tone and playability? as always-thanks!!

I have a all original one, the orginal had a full shred in the bridge and a jb in the middle. They are great guitars. Thick ebony fingerboard. The newer ones the neck feels way different. The quality is not the same

Attachments

• E360B490-85C8-4B88-AAC5-67DE71236D14.jpeg
    E360B490-85C8-4B88-AAC5-67DE71236D14.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 59
I have a all original one, the orginal had a full shred in the bridge and a jb in the middle. They are great guitars. Thick ebony fingerboard. The newer ones the neck feels way different. The quality is not the same

Agreed. Full Shred/JB in the originals. I've owned a couple of the old ones and IIRC correctly the originals had an R1 nut, where the reissue is R2. The neck on the original NS was really narrow at the nut.

Last edited:
I played a new Nightswan last week at GC. I was impressed by the fret work. Highly polished with smooth, rounded fret ends. Action wasn't high but it could have been a little lower for my preference. Quality seemed exceptional, especially for the price point.

I know buddy blaze did the first ones with warmoth parts and the full shred/jb combo. never been a big jb fan which is why I thought it was kinda strange. It was also the 1st guitar to utilize a full shred pup also...according to the interwebz....

True story. Back in the late 80's when the Nightswan came out, my buddy and I somehow found out that the bodies and necks (at least the early ones) were made by Warmoth. So we give Warmoth a call and they sold us two new, raw Nightswan bodies and necks. Got them built. My bud even sent his body to Pat Wilkins for the blue burst over reverse blue burst, polka dot paint job. Pat absolutely slayed that paint job. Cool guitars , good times.

Ive owned 4 lightning nightswans.The best out of those 4( all different years) was the early Knapp painted lighting..almost purple instead of the stock blue backgrounds.
As said,it's very narrow at the 1rst fret and neck thickness is real thin.They did have a unique tone to them, the full shred/ jb thing was fun.There was a nightswan ii built but not many released..Neck pickup on that one.
If they'd make a Honduras body,Knapp style lightning, with bridge and neck pickups id be all over that..are u listening kramer???

I found a good deal on a b-stock but wound up with an kramer 84 yesterday. That's cured my Kramer gas for now. I still would love to try out a nightswan. Not sure how I'm going to gel with the scale length on the 84.

Back