Landry's take on a plexi amp called the Lexi....

I almost ordered a Lexi but the deal-breaker for me was single channel only. I need a dedicated clean channel on my amps. But yeah the Lexi sounds great.

I almost ordered a Lexi but the deal-breaker for me was single channel only. I need a dedicated clean channel on my amps. But yeah the Lexi sounds great.
While the Lexi sounds damn good... there isn't anything wrong with how that G-3 sounds for a channel switcher, if I'm not mistaken the Landry G3 clean channel is second to none as clean channels go and his low/high gain Marshall is very Marshally to my ears.

If I needed a channel switcher I think the Landry G-3 would be my first choice quite honestly.

Last edited:
While the Lexi sounds damn good... there isn't anything wrong with how that G-3 sounds for a channel switcher, if I'm not mistaken the Landry G3 clean channel is second to none as clean channels go and his high Marshall is very Marshally.

If I needed a channel switcher I think the Landry G-3 would be my first choice quite honestly.
Yeah I had a G3 and stupidly sold it:

The high-gain tones sounded great.
The clean tones were very good, although not quite my thing.
But I just couldn't get along with the low/medium-gain tones on Channel 2. For my tastes, the KSR Juno did clean and low gain better. But I easily preferred the G3's high-gain tones.

I have a G3 right now. Am playing through now too...sounds great. I am intrigued by this amp, and tonally there seem to be some similar characteristics between the two. I wonder if there would be too much overlap with the amps? The lexi sounds perhaps more raw?

Sorry to be a dick, and I'm sure the amp is probably great, but the audio in both of those videos was recorded by a camera mic from across an untreated drywall room. The video is useless for learning anything about what the amp actually sounds like other than maybe sorta kinda how much gain it has, if even that. The amp's dynamics, EQ, and natural compression are entirely lost due to that entirely not fit-for-purpose camera mic.

It's actually worse than useless, it's actively harmful. It makes the amp sound no different than the thousands of other useless camera mic videos out there that makes all amps sound the same. Knocky, hard, fizzy, and mixed in with the characteristic slightly-too-loud stuffy room reverb you get from putting a mic on the other side of an untreated, office-sized room. I doubt the amp even sounds like that but... camera mics make all amps sound like that.

If you're going to bother taking the time and setting up the equipment to do a showcase video like this, at least throw a 57 in front of the cab. Just about anything that has been remotely designed to act as a close-up mic is better than what a camera will pick up.

Let me ask... when you went back and watched that video after you made it (you know, that video about the amp you're trying to put to an already saturated market upon which you're basing your livelihood), did you think "man this sounds great, it's definitely going to generate some orders!" or did you even listen back to it at all?

Again, not trying to be a dick, only trying to help. I wish the company all the success in the world but, you know... throw a damn mic up there. :)

(edit: I went back and listened to a few other videos on the channel and the ones with mics on the cab make the amps sound fantastic, for what it's worth.)

Last edited:
Back