Lead singers / frontmen

Jim Morrison comes to mind...
Dude love Joplin!!! And of course Ann Nancy Wilson. But they seem more ‘band ‘ than old school front men.

Hell yes!!! Watch the film numerous times.
I was a kid when he over dosed.
But absorb it stilll.
‘Not to touch the earth’ one my faves!!

Been reading threads bout lot of 80s lead singers. Roth. Dokken Pearcy...
Love them guys. But to me the real front men were Bon Scott. Robert plant. Brian Johnson.
Roger Daltrey.

No thrills or glam. Haha

Discuss
When I was in junior high and high school I worshipped Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DCand they were my favorite bands with Zeppelin above all. In my freshman year Van Halen 1 came out and saw them in 78 for my first concert. I love Tyler, Plant, Morrison, Jagger and Bon Scott, but David Lee Roth will always be the greatest frontman in rock history at least in my opinion.

When I was in junior high and high school I worshipped Zeppelin, Aerosmith, AC/DCand they were my favorite bands with Zeppelin above all. In my freshman year Van Halen 1 came out and saw them in 78 for my first concert. I love Tyler, Plant, Morrison, Jagger and Bon Scott, but David Lee Roth will always be the greatest frontman in rock history at least in my opinion.
Steven Tyler is a good personal friend of Eddie Trunk. You don't have to ask him, he'll tell you.

Man!!! How could I have forgotten Ray Gillen. One of my all time if not all time favorite vocalists. RIP. I would also like to throw Jeff Scott Soto's name in the hat.
What a voice....so much talent. Ray's overuse of his aids-cannon probably doesn't help his legacy.

live music works so much better with stage presence... gotta believe in it when delivering it too. DLR was so good at it.

last weekend, some kids, in a 80's cover band of all things, showed up and played a three hour deal at a resort we were at. the "lead" guitar player, and singer...the front man was just awesome. dude looked the part, with the crazy ass 80's clothes, working the crowd dancing...crowd was digging it. played and sang like shit...but that's not the point.... cat was entertaining. the second guitar player on the other hand...dead ass. stood there with his cargo shorts, nikes, and a salt life hat, like a statue banging out power chords...c'mon man.

Rob Halford
Ronnie James Dio
Bruce Dickinson

Those were the frontmen I saw many times, and lead the pack for me. Especially Halford. Back in his heyday, (British Steel, Screaming for Vengeance, Defenders of the Faith), he was the king. Still is, in my book.

Yeah Halford is up the list for me too.
Saw Defenders. Then the turbo tour. Then the one they did 2005.
Never a dull moment.
Other leads female front is Joan Jett. Saw her 3 times. Really rocks it

Back