Looking for a reputable tech for my Herbert, NY/East coast

mincy

I've got an older Herbert, been losing power and having the amp cut out. Went to replace the power tubes and flipped on the power (in standby) to starting biasing the new tubes and there was a loud pop and smoke. Immediately shut it off and haven't touched it. Guessing it's going to need some serious work, so looking for a tech somewhere on the east coast. I don't think there is anyone reputable in my area (Buffalo), but hey, you never know. Diezel site appears to be down, so figured coming here would be the next best thing. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Fuses are good, but there was a pop and smoke. With the fuses being good and not being anywhere near skilled as tech, I figure at this point, I'm just going to step away from the amp until someone with some skill can look at it. I was thinking I needed a tech anyway as the amp has not been right prior to attempting to change the tubes and the tube swap was an just the first line of troubleshooting.

Davidson Electronics is the best I know of and are authorized for Diezel, but they’re in Long Island, a bit far, but you can ship to them. They’re expensive, but they saved my Blueface VH4’s life which had somewhat similar issues to what you’re describing

Davidson Electronics is the best I know of and are authorized for Diezel, but they’re in Long Island, a bit far, but you can ship to them. They’re expensive, but they saved my Blueface VH4’s life which had somewhat similar issues to what you’re describing
Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I figured I'd be shipping this as I know I don't have an authorized Diezel tech around. If the US/Canada border weren't closed, I could drive up to Toronto maybe, but not these days.

Would you ever consider selling your blueface? Or maybe point me in the right direction? Been hunting for one for awhile now and would love to own one! Thanks in advance for any info!

Back