Looks like the rock standard is back

UberschallEL34

So this video sounds like it has a lot of gain available, or your pickups are very high output.

I don't get the point of the standard model vs already avail MC II, hybrid, MTL etc. What is it doing differently ?
The pickups are Thornbucker Plus, not hot. The Rock Standard is a rock to hard rock amp, different feel and tone and has lots of tone shaping options. It’s definitely different than a MC1 or MCII but I tend to dial amps in for what I like. You could definitely get it to be more 800 ish with more presence and treble, less bass - less gain etc. it’s a Wizard so the guys that are pissed off by the prices their opinion isn’t really relevant as they’re gonna bash anyways. Is having multiple Wizards redundant sure.

lessarti

The pickups are Thornbucker Plus, not hot. The Rock Standard is a rock to hard rock amp, different feel and tone and has lots of tone shaping options. It’s definitely different than a MC1 or MCII but I tend to dial amps in for what I like. You could definitely get it to be more 800 ish with more presence and treble, less bass - less gain etc. it’s a Wizard so the guys that are pissed off by the prices their opinion isn’t really relevant as they’re gonna bash anyways. Is having multiple Wizards redundant sure.
I find that interesting, ok what would you rate stock T498 bridge pickups? (I have them in my Standard DC Les paul). I see those as low output, but maybe I am in left field here? Trying to get an idea because your clip makes that amp seem to have TONS of gain, which is great as a usable gain taper.

UberschallEL34

I find that interesting, ok what would you rate stock T498 bridge pickups? (I have them in my Standard DC Les paul). I see those as low output, but maybe I am in left field here? Trying to get an idea because your clip makes that amp seem to have TONS of gain, which is great as a usable gain taper.
Thornbucker plus is only about 9k ohm and it doesn’t hit the amp very hard at all.

Techdeth

These have been sitting on eBay for a while.

Been a while since seeing what I'm guessing are fairly recent builds. I haven't bought and sold enough of them to know a lot other than what I don't like about the ones I used to see for sale. Those dried up and went away a long time ago.

Hopefully our friends Matt & uberschallEL34 will comment whether these are good deals or not.
I been watching . They been sitting awhile like you said . So have all the 2c+ . But I noticed 5150 and mark IV prices going down again so maybe the market is about to go normal again finally